turing xbmc movie scraping off
hi guys, this is probably a dumb question but i couldn't find the answer. i just set up a new xbmc database and turned off all 3 'scan' option in the 'set content' menu for my movie folder. however, it still scraped them with the default scraper that was set (TMdB) and overwrote my existing images.

how do i ensure that no XBMC scraping is being done once i erase my db and start this again?

thanks...
Do you want to use the library or not? If not, simply don't set content and scan. But, local thumb and fanart images should take precedence as they should get cached before scraping.

If you start over, you'll need to remove the thumbnail cache as well. Whatever image matches from the cache is what's displayed.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
i am using the library, i just want to use the fanart/posters that i manually selected previously.

i'll try deleting everything and starting over.
How did you 'previously manually select' them?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
sorry, i mean i used a scraper program (Media Companion) to manually select the fanart/posters i liked...but some got overwritten by the XBMC scraper after i added my movie library...not sure why.
They weren't overwritten, per se. They should still exist in your file system next to the media files. Can you confirm that?

Also, what version are you running. If you're not running the last 'official' nightly build, you should see if it has the same issue. I could've sworn that local images would be cached before any scraped ones. I can verify this with the most recent svn, just give me some exact examples of media files and their image filenames. (If you don't want to post them publicly, feel free to PM me.)
i was not using the latest nightly build, i was using the last stable release. let me re-do it and see if it happens again.

thanks.
Keep a backup of your database!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
turing xbmc movie scraping off0