• 51(current)
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon
+1 was so stable and very easy to use,Iam willing to donate!!
Well, I wrote to Grooveshark to see what they had to say, I wanted to know if they were at all interested in an addon for Xbmc, and this is what they replied.

Thank you so much for your patience and support. I am very sorry for the trouble and confusion. We would love to offer an app over XMBC or XBOX, but we just do not have the developer time to do so with the new site still under production. Hopefully, we can look into supporting it in the future, though. I really think it would add a lot of value to our app and XMBC. Please let me know what you think. I would like to help.

So it sounds like they just dont have the time right now, as im not a programmer I dont know how things work but as there allready is an addon that has worked, there must be someone with knowledge about how to get it running again,
because even if some say that sound is not perfect, Ive been using it for 5 years, Ive never been bothered about it and it has more artists than spotify and its much cheaper dont know if it still has the free version .

So I hope some wizzard will take up the challenge to make our beloved Xbmc even more perfect
Hello all

I know I'm asking some noob questions...I have tried google and to read this thread and have had issues...

I have signed up for grooveshark 1.0.6 and installed the latest version on my atv2.

went to settings placed my username> password>ok and still I am unable to login....

What could be the issue?

ed
XBMC RULES!!!!!!!
I can find the plugin in the official XBMC repo but I can't find this script. Anyone have a repo or a .zip for it ?
I just wanted to relay this to everyone having the same problems I am - hopefully this will get resolved sooner or later:

Hello,
I was recently setting up my Home Theater PC and installed XBMC as the media library. I was excited to see an XBMC add-on for Grooveshark. The add-on worked great (intermittently) but after a few minutes nothing would play from Grooveshark. I went to the site from my PC browser to test if my connection was the problem, and suddenly no songs will play - and it skips through my playlist giving the message "It looks like there may be an issue with the song you selected. We'll move to the next song."
This happens on every song on the site. I can still search, etc. but can no longer play any songs (the URL when copied and pasted reads grooveshark.com/notFound). After some research I read about IPs being banned for 3rd party downloading. I hope that does not apply to the XBMC plugin, as it only streams, and does not attempt to download. Let me know if there is anything I can do to remedy this issue.

-Chris

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. Using the XBMC app will not work properly with Grooveshark. It is currently considered a third party app in violation of our Terms of Service due to tapping into our API without access. We actually tried reaching out to the developer multiple times because we liked the app and he was using an expired API key. He never responded, though. Unfortunately, since he is using an expired API key, there is not a whole lot we can do about this if he does not respond to our emails. I went ahead and unblocked your IP but please know if you continue to use XBMC for Grooveshark your IP will continued to get blocked. Please let me know if you have questions or concerns. I would like to help.

Best,
Grooveshark - Community Developer
Isnt their a user on this thread who wanted to continue this addon and asked for api info but never heard back from them?
Is there not a way to utilise the html5.grooveshark.com link and embed that into a plugin ?
Grooveshark still not functional. no fixes? any suggestions for Grooveshark?
If I knew anything about it, I would take up the cause, but I am no coder. Always looking for more music options. Seems all the best add-ons for music are either broken or unsupported.
Willing to donate as well! I have been a user of this app for years and yes I miss it very much. My daughters do too. I hope by everyone showing their continued interest on this forum, that we may help encourage a coder to take the helm and bring back to life this amazing application. Everything from the layout to everything it offers is something grooveshark should be proud of, even as a 3rd party app.
Crossing my fingers patiently.
Crymson
So I wrote Grooveshark again and this is the awnser i got.

"I am very sorry for the trouble, delay and confusion. Thank you so much for your help, patience and support. We actually really like XBMC and have reached out to them to try to give them official API access. Unfortunately, they do not reply to our emails. While we would love to get setup with them, we cannot do so without them apply for official API access. Hopefully this will happen in the future. We really appreciate you letting us know how you'd better enjoy Grooveshark. Rock on!

Best,
Jessica - Community Developer"

So my question is to all the great Devs out there, is there no one who would like to take this on, it seems like the API is up for grabs, I think XBMC is great but this would make it perfect, so keeping my fingers crossed !
This would be wicked! I wish I were this smart to code a grooveshark app for xbmc. I too hope for this! I really miss my grooveshark app on xbmc... Sad just to want to listen to a song and its there..miss those days. Much love for grooveshark and xbmc...two of the best media sources period! Together=Unstoppable
any update still not working. please. thank you.
Bump
Why are you "bumping"? This has been dead for years mate! You need to purchase a subscription and install the Grooveshark plugin (not this, this is the script!).
  • 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon4