The script brings GrooveShark to XBMC. Search for and play all that GrooveShark has to offer. Set your login in the script and you'll be able to access your playlists, delete and rename them or create new ones.
Dharma and later
Use the add-ons manager in settings to install the script. After it's been enabled you can find it under Music add-ons.
If you're feeling adventurous you can try out my svn:
svn checkout http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ grooveshark-for-xbmc
XBOX and pre-dharma
Not supported at the moment.
If you've translated the script or updated a translation please send it to the XBMC add-ons mailing list
Please use my issue tracker to request features and report bugs. If you post them in the forum I might not pick up on them. If you've already requested/reported something in the forum please put it in the issue tracker.
When reporting a bug make sure that you turn on debugging in the script and in XBMC and include:
- A debug log
- A description of how to reproduce the bug
- XBMC revision
- Platform (XBOX/Linux/Windows/Mac)
The skin used in the current release for Dharma was designed by Cool_bombom.
The skin used in the now deprecated release for XBOX was designed by PantsOnFire.
- Q: There's a long delay between selecting a song till it actually starts playing. What gives?
A: It's a cache issue with paplayer. Insert the following rule in userdata/playercorefactory.xml:
<rule audio="true" player="audiodefaultplayer">
<rule filename="*grooveshark.com*" player="dvdplayer"/>
If you at some point have had 0.2.7 installed please make sure that you uninstall it before updating to newer versions. Otherwise the script might not work correctly.
- Fixed a bug (change in the API) that prevented song name, album etc. from being displayed correctly in search results.
- Updated the Danish translation. Thanks mrdominuzq.
- Added Portuguese (Brazil). Thanks Wanilton.
- Fixed API changes.
- Fixed a bug that prevented windows users in logging in.
- Migrated to new API.
- Navigation has been revamped.
- Radio support has been disabled until it's fully implemented in the new API.
- New feature: See your favorites.
- Preliminary support for external python.
- This version hasn't been tested on XBOX so don't expect it to work.
- Fixed: The script couldn't get a session id due to API changes.
- New feature: Preliminary support for GrooveShark Radio (Only on Dharma).
- Enhancement: More options added in settings.
- Bug fix: The script would crash XBMC Dharma if no stream URL was returned.
From this version onward only XBOX and Dharma will be supported.
- Bug fix: Exit button didn't display correctly.
- Enhancement: Search function should be much faster.
- Enhancement: Reduced number of http requests on Dharma.
- Fixed: Works on Dharma Beta 4.
- New feature: Shuffle on XBOX. Can be enabled in settings.
- Fixed: Login works again after changes in the API.
- Added: Added Korean translation. Thanks neurostar.
- Added: Exit button in menu.
- New feature: Search makes suggestions for songs, artists, and albums to speed up text entry. Based on AcclaimedMusic.net and the most played tracks on last.fm.
- New feature: When the script is opened it returns to the state it was in when it was closed.
- Bug fix: Using the script in XBMC Live could prevent the script from saving the session ID.
- Added: Remove duplicates on albums
- Didn't work. Errornomous pull from my repo to the XBMC repo
- Now compatible with Dharma Beta 2 (Found a workaround)
- DOES NOT WORK ON DHARMA-BETA2!
- New feature: Songs are now queued to XBMC's native playlist meaning that playlists will keep on playing even if you quit the script.
- New feature: Find similar.
- New feature: You can now browse the album of a song that you found in a search.
- Added: Swedish translation. Thanks jolid.
- Fixed: A change in the API prevented people from logging in.
- Bug fix: Playlists are no longer limited to a max. of 100 songs.
- Added: Danish translation. Thanks mrdominuzq.
- Added: Search now returns playlists as well.
- Changed: Removed alphabetic sorting since Grooveshark has a rating system that will show the best results first based on feedback from users
- Bug fix: The script wasn't able to run on revisions higher than 32321.
- Added: Hungarian translation. Thanks alanwww1.
- Bug fix: Couldn't navigate to albums found during a search.
First version for the new Addon-manager.