• 24(current)
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon
does it now work on Dharma Beta 2? I have just added it as an add-on and loaded it and it loads some track names and covers but just hangs every couple of seconds, won't play a song. Do I need to upgrade my xbmc?
Lounge rig: nVidia Shield - Official Kodi
Bedroom rig: Amazon Fire TV - Kodi 17.3
Backend: HP Microserver, Ubuntu, JBOD
Hack_kid Wrote:also solver i noticed when i use your script with the SLik skin which uses same fonts as PM3.HD the font is all messed up in your skin (well not messed up just ugly) artist names overlapp song names if there is a y or g or something in the artist name. is there any way to make the script load a specific font?

I believe ppic wrote a script that could force the use of a font but it was a dirty hack because it altered the skin directly. Other than that I don't think it's possible.
--
Problems with the GrooveShark script? Please have a look here before posting.
cable_guy Wrote:does it now work on Dharma Beta 2? I have just added it as an add-on and loaded it and it loads some track names and covers but just hangs every couple of seconds, won't play a song. Do I need to upgrade my xbmc?

The repo for addons have switched from an unstable to a stable branch after the release of XBMC 10.0 Dharma. That means that if you don't upgrade you wont get the newest version of the script. So yeah, you have to upgrade. If, after you've upgraded, there's a long delay between the songs have a look at the faq on the first post in this thread.
--
dominater01 Wrote:i tried to follow this but it keeps saying failed to initialize

Indent problem perhaps?
--
Hi,
I just recently installed Dharma on a Windows machine, and I have enabled the Grooveshark add-on using my existing account. When entering the add-on, the screen pretty much freezes - I can access all the menu options, but clicking on them produces an acknowledgement sound but no action; not even the "Exit" option. Pressing the Escape key does nothing either. The only thing that works is pressing "S" to go onto the exit menu.

Here is a debug log if it helps - it does speak of an python error in the script, but I am not sure what to do about it.

Thanks in advance!
solver Wrote:Indent problem perhaps?

i have no idea i dont know anything about python so that might be the reason the code doesnt work
Rainbow 
i found a problem on grooveshark 3.1 when playing a song and then goto the playlists the background image is gone but when i press x and view the vizuals press b to stop music from playing goto playlists and the background image works i tested this like 10 times

also i found out grooveshark works perfect for each song if stoped first then play the next song

also there seems to be a problem with the auto next feature alot of times it trys to connect to a stream and does nothing making me reboot my system
It would be really useful if all search terms were saved in a list that could be accessed and edited. This would make refining search terms much easier - especially if you're doing everything from a remote rather than a keyboard. For an example of this, take a look at the YouTube add-on. Thanks.
Leafar Wrote:Hi,
I just recently installed Dharma on a Windows machine, and I have enabled the Grooveshark add-on using my existing account. When entering the add-on, the screen pretty much freezes - I can access all the menu options, but clicking on them produces an acknowledgement sound but no action; not even the "Exit" option. Pressing the Escape key does nothing either. The only thing that works is pressing "S" to go onto the exit menu.

Here is a debug log if it helps - it does speak of an python error in the script, but I am not sure what to do about it.

Thanks in advance!

After a reformat of windows I am experiencing the same issue as you Leafar, i´ll post a debug later tonight.

If anyone has any clues to this I would be really grateful, have been using this script daily from the start and i´m missing it already..
Leafar Wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Same problem here with xbmc built from svn (yesterday) on ubuntu 10.10 Sad
Unfortunately, i've got the same problem. XBMC installed yesterday over an older version...

Any ideas?
Hey people, sorry for the absence. I've had reports about grooveshark not functioning on new installs. I thought it was isolated to windows installs but I see that ubuntu is also affected. I can't see what the problem is in Leafar's log so those of you that are experiencing the issue, please upload a log to pastebin and a description of what leads up to the issue. Remember to turn on debugging in both xbmc and the script. I'm using the official dharma release myself and it's working fine so I'm a little puzzled...
--
Hi,

just reinstalled ubuntu 10.10 server as well as xbmc (svn) two days ago. On my last install (os and xbmc installed about a week ago, reinstall due to other issues than grooveshark) the script worked just fine so i guess the failure has to do with a very recent change in the xbmc code or one of its dependencies?

Don't know if it matters, but i'm running xbmc on an ion system.

The problem with the grooveshark script occurs immediately after starting the script. Remote button events are confirmed with a sound and the move of the selection bar in the menu but when pressing enter nothing happens.

The "standard playlist" (I guess without entering username/password it's "popular"?) contains 0 items, so it seems that the script doesn't even connect with a grooveshark server.

Log is at http://pastebin.com/n1Nfai0U

Hope that helps to find the origin of this behaviour.

Thanks for your efforts,
inge

**EDIT**: Just remembered another detail which might help. On my new install xbmc was built against external python ("./configure --enable-external-libraries"). This was not the case on my old install where the grooveshark script worked.
Sorry guys but I have some bad news. I can't access the API anymore. I used moovida's grooveshark service to get a session id but it's been shut down. I'm scouring the internet for a sollution. In short, grooveshark doesn't work anymore.

I've contacted grooveshark to see if I can get access to their web service API. Fingers crossed.
--
All Grooveshark Plugins/scripts seem to use MOOVIDA to actually access the API /get a session ID. The Moovida URL is down, which at the moment makes both, the SCRIPT by Solver and the Plugin by Denhams fail.
I have the same effect here HTTP 404 for http://www.moovida.com/services/groovesh...sion_start - an URL called inside the plugin. That URL does not work anymore.
Cheers.

Ah.
Sorry, I didnt see the last post from denhams - so he already replied to what the problem is. sorry for the duplication - but somehow it is not so easy to actually delte a post once posted ...
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon4