regarding the new database schema
Hey ronie,

I thought you would know. Does the new database schema really allow for creating different categories under movies such as highres, low res, home videos, etc.?

Ever since I switched from Meedios, that's the only thing I have been missing. Currently I set it up so that only HD movies are in my xbmc library. I had to put all the SD movies in Boxee. (Not the greatest solution, especially because boxee has crazy tearing in SD videos for me Sad )

And if they are allowed, does the user manually split them up into categories? or is it by source? or does it work like the current playlists with filters?

I am only asking you because I am not allowed to ask in the dev forums and I thought you would know since you're probably coding that feature into Transparency.

Thanks in advance
sorry chap, can't be of any help i'm afraid...

moving to:
General Help and Support.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
In xbmc you can create smartplaylists.
With this you can filter out whatever you want from your library, HD Movies, kids Movies, whatever.

These playlist will be in video library under playlists.

In MiniMeedia Waffa! I made skinsetting to add those playlists to the home screen submenu's movies/tv show/music.

This way you have extra custom catogories in movies/tvshow/music.
Yeah, well, playlists are just not the same.

I guess they kinda work for HD, SD stuff, but manually sorting things is a lot more complicated, I made playlists in the past for movies that I wanted to see and a different one for my wife, but I can't add movies to existing playlists manually, so they become obsolete, and certain scripts such as home theater experience or youtrailer don't work through playlists, etc. . .

I wish xbmc just had a multiple libraries option. It would make it much better.
yes, just read the spec.
absolute, i miss that too.
aptalca Wrote:Yeah, well, playlists are just not the same.

I guess they kinda work for HD, SD stuff, but manually sorting things is a lot more complicated, I made playlists in the past for movies that I wanted to see and a different one for my wife, but I can't add movies to existing playlists manually, so they become obsolete, and certain scripts such as home theater experience or youtrailer don't work through playlists, etc. . .

I wish xbmc just had a multiple libraries option. It would make it much better.
Yes, you can add movies to existing smartplaylists huh goes aut.

And why wouldn't work those scipts in playlists Huh If the skinner makes buttons for it they would work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
regarding the new database schema0