Windows Program to scrape for XBOX? ---XBOX has no internet access.
I have an XBOX that has XBMC and currently I just use a TBN file to show the dvd cover for my movies etc.

I was interested in using a windows based program to scrape for more detailed media information. the XBOX is not connected to the internet. My PC is using a free wireless signal provided at my apartment.

I do have a router connected between my xbox and pc for FTP purposes.

Is there a program that can FTP into my XBOX and look at the files and then scrape information for them?

Running Windows 7 64bit and the latest stable tech release on XBOX.

TYIA
bazookajoe Wrote:I have an XBOX that has XBMC and currently I just use a TBN file to show the dvd cover for my movies etc.

I was interested in using a windows based program to scrape for more detailed media information. the XBOX is not connected to the internet. My PC is using a free wireless signal provided at my apartment.

I do have a router connected between my xbox and pc for FTP purposes.

Is there a program that can FTP into my XBOX and look at the files and then scrape information for them?

Running Windows 7 64bit and the latest stable tech release on XBOX.

TYIA

Are the xbox & the pc connected between a neuter router or switch?
Then why don't you have internet on your xbox?

Anyway you can try to share the connection that your cpu gets from the free wireless with the xbox DIRECTLY without router.
If your network card doesn't have mdi/mdx technology you will must use a through cable.
Then you go to win, control panel, networks, clic on the correct device, properties, sharing tab and enable sharing connection.

Now you have inet on your xbox.

An alternative idea could be install XBMC on your cpu (windows) run it an turn on your xbox. Now go to the XBMC (CPU) and add as a source the xbox hard drive. Now scrape it, get the info from the library and export it to your xbox.

P.D: I think that the program you talk exists but it's not the suitable forum to find it.
You're best bet is to keep the media on the PC and stream it to the xbox over an SMB share.

That way, you can use lots of different scraper programs such as Ember Media Manager or my current favourite MyMovies to scrape the info and create xbmc compatible files.

I also have my xbox with no internet access (because i use mobile b/band on the PC and the internet share is flakey so i cant be bothered) and it works fine like this. Only thing is that the PC has to be on at the same time obviously, but its no biggie really.
Ok here is the thing... No laughing or making fun either.

I used backtrack to crack my neighbors wireless router. This gives me access to there router. ie: internet on my laptop.

now i have a wireless router myself but no internet running to it. I only hook it to my xbox to upload movies and such.

I dont feel like buying a ethernet to wireless adapter to get the net on the xbox for something so small.

U say I can share internet with a normal router from my wireless signal to my router to the xbox?
ok got the internet shared.

I have my movies like this.

(VIDEO)--
---------(MOVIES
---------(DOCS)
---------(KIDS)

I set the content type for the movies folder to movies and used the imdb scraper.

I dont have my movies in folders for each one but just all in that folder.

It is doing its thing now, but will this add all of these movies to my library when it is finished?

TYIA
OK

I got it working and I must say that I do not know how I went so long without using library mode and scraping the media info.

So much better looking, and informative.

Now my question is what is the nicest looking skin to use? I am using BACK-ROW right now and love its look and speed. I do not like how small the media info text is though when browsing movies. I use this on an old SD-TV so large text is a must.

I have Basic-Vision and really like the text size of that one, but wish it had more views for browsing movies/shows.

What do you guys use or what would you recommend? I dont want a resource heavy skin that lags between operations or that freezes my box.
Congratulations!

I use PM3HD skin.
OK I did not check out PM3-HD; in fact i might have deleted it. I believe I tried PM3 though.

I just want the plot info for movies to be more easily readable on a standard def 4:3 -

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows Program to scrape for XBOX? ---XBOX has no internet access.0