kids remote
I have an acer 3610 running on ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc full install. I want for my 4 year old to be able to use a simple remote to control xbmc. what remotes do you recommend?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
Wouldn't be a bad idea for a senior either. Anybody?
I'm a fan of the Logitech Harmony remotes myself. Pricey, but my daughter could run my home theater system at age 6.
Isnt that remote have alot of buttons?

Protecto 4 from One4All.
at least it is shock-proof (and quite cheap)
http://www.xbmcnerds.com - german xbmc community
hmm what about something like this? could this be programmed to use via xbmc? this looks perfect!

weemote® dV (Digital Video)
http://www.weemote.com/weedvlm.html

this looks promising

weemote® dV also features “full learning technology” for all user controls. This means that even if your DVD device is not supported in our library or you want to use Weemote® dV with a different device such as a TiVo system, it’s easy! Just take your existing remote control unit, push it’s buttons while pointing it directly at the weemote® dV. The weemote® dV automatically learns the commands and will faithfully reproduce any button for any device you wish to control!

Just read that macros are not supported on this remote however on the other weemote 3 it is. that bites as it would be great to have my little one press one button to turn on the projector and avr and have xbmc start up automatically and then just navigate. But this remote does not do it. You have to have the devices on as there is no power button. *shucks*
What about the Apple Remote? It suits small hands and is nice and simple. Think it works with XBMC pretty well....although I have not tried it, I use a harmony normally. Will take mine home and try with XBMC Live tonight...
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
bossanova808 Wrote:What about the Apple Remote? It suits small hands and is nice and simple. Think it works with XBMC pretty well....although I have not tried it, I use a harmony normally. Will take mine home and try with XBMC Live tonight...

which remote are you referring to? model? pic? etc.. also what where your findings? did it work with live?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Remote

I have the new smaller one....

I'll try it tonight and let you know....(I'm in Australia so it's afternoon here.)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I love australia. visited brisbane about 2 years ago and loved it. let me know how it works. thanks
Well, it didn't work with Live out of the box, but I am pretty sure it's just a case of the correct LIRC file. I actually worked out mine is the older one (small, white) and the new oned are a bit bigger and silver.

I won't have time in the short term to play with it, we're in the middle of a bit of a house renovation right now, so my muck about time is very limited. If you search the forums here you will find a lot of references to it, although mainly with the Mac Mini. I can see my IR Receiver lighting up when I click the buttons, so I am sure it's jsut a case of mapping the buttons to the right XBMC commands....

Good luck!
I don't know what "MC 14" is, but you should know if you add a "Plex" device to your Harmony, then you can take avantage os the OSX XBMC'x great Harmony support!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kids remote1