• 4(current)
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)
Just checked the ps3 behaviour again. The horizontal icons slide across whilst the vertical icons slide up and down. The actual vertical bar position doesn't change. This is how my xmb will behave. The same as the ps3.
If you say so
although I think that you didnt understand me very good..
i meant to the horizontal bar which look like a cross.. at the PS3 the icons doesnt move but the horizontal view move. I mean that when you looking at the music icon the horizontal bar will be placed at the middle and when you look at the settings icon the horizontal bar will be placed at the left.
In your skin the horizontal bar is alwyas placed at the left corner and the icons are moving..

There is a chance that I am worng with my theroy although I hope you will understand me..

'CoolUser' =]

Edit:
got an idea which will make it easy =]]]]]
look at this image .

Does the bar which surrounded by red move or the icons?
CoolUser, I think you need to check the PS3 again because the focused item doesn't move.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCPOob3Bya4&feature=fvw
Hitcher Wrote:CoolUser, I think you need to check the PS3 again because the focused item doesn't move.

I know. but at the skin the focused item will alwyas be at the left which unlike the ps3, there the focused item will be where his icon placed...
The PS3 has the focused item on the left though. If the bar moved and the icons stayed fixed you wouldn't have any room for the text when you got the right side of the menu.
Never mind. I found the main problem but i dont think it possible.
The problem is that if he whould do it like PS3 the cross bar will block now playing and also some of the text at the right corner will be unreadable.
there is soultion which exiting at the PS3 already: when you moving to righr/left the whole screnn is moving with you which prevents from the text at the corner to be blocked you can see it clearly at the video you brought:

agian sorry for my poor unreadable English and for your patience =]
Just had a look at the video and recon I could recreate how the PS3 menu works completly with some of the tricks I have learnt along the way. Might have a lil play later Big Grin
Currently working on Ellipsis 1.3 Updates. Update Requests Here.
Ellipsis for XBMC 1.2.1 Click here to download & for SVN details.
Twitter.com/TeamBlackbolt | Facebook.com/TeamBlackbolt1 | TeamBlackbolt.co.uk
damned sexy and promising idea.

i just can see the fonts will be too small for my 32" flat again Sad
cheers,azido :;):
Hey azido,

I expect the fonts will be slightly larger as when i view the mockup full screen on my 40" they are also a bit small! Nod

Cheers
Looking awesome. Quite stylish Smile
Quick update... been really busy with work lately however coding has started.

The home screen is coming along nicely. Hopefully i'll post a youtube vid soon showing it in action!
Just seen this and looks like it will be sensational if you can pull it off Cool I always liked the PS3 XMB interface.

Best of luck getting it up and running!
Here's 2 screenshots of 2 different versions of the home screen in action (not a mockup but actual code! Nod). You'll see the horizontal and vertical bars are different. Version 2 has them fading at the ends.

I prefer version 2 as it looks more stylized, plus the bottom of the vertical bar looks better with the rss feed...

Version 1

Version 2

What does everyone think? Which one do you prefer?

Cheers
liquidskin76 Wrote:Here's 2 screenshots of 2 different versions of the home screen in action (not a mockup but actual code! Nod). You'll see the horizontal and vertical bars are different. Version 2 has them fading at the ends.

I prefer version 2 as it looks more stylized, plus the bottom of the vertical bar looks better with the rss feed...

Version 1

Version 2

What does everyone think? Which one do you prefer?

Cheers

I prefer Version 2 ...

hope to see and try it soon ... Smile nice work so far ...
I agree. Version 2 is much prettier and clean.

Nice work by the way!

Pico
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WIP] XMB - a new skin for XBMC (PS3 XrossMediaBar inspired skin)2