[REQ] Flat Wall View
Hello and congrats on the incredible skin. I especially love the dvd style covers. They look Great. The only issue, if you want to call it that, is the wall view.

I have an enormous movie collection. Last I looked it is well into the 1300's. The wall view, as it stands, is really nice, but limits how many movies one can actually see without having to keep moving to the right.

I have a 1080P projector and even at 100" diagonal it is really hard to see the movies as they trail away. I do not know how to code (hardware guy) but a "flat wall view" would be really nice for those of us that have large collections and want to get through them quickly on movie nights.

Maybe something to the effect of the "new View MOD" posted but with maybe five rows and vertical scrolling.

Without a flat wall view with a lot of dvd posters I am forced to stick with Aeon Skins.

Cheers
Snuff...
One of my mini rules are to do things differently, just a flat fullscreen wall would be the same as everyone else, I'll see what I can do, though...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:One of my mini rules are to do things differently, just a flat fullscreen wall would be the same as everyone else,

I agree, the main reason I like your skin is it is different.

Thank you for looking into it. I'm sure whatever you come up with will be nice. (just be sure to put in vertical scrolling Wink)

snuff...
If I do it, the first idea that comes to mind is something along the lines on the new "shelf" view I made for music...it's vertical btw

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:If I do it, the first idea that comes to mind is something along the lines on the new "shelf" view I made for music...it's vertical btw

Looks good, That would be great, just make the non-focused "movies" less dark or faded.... OK a lot less dark then in the pic. :p They are just too dark for Movies IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, it may look better to some, but IMHO, is not as "real world" functional. It's like cars with really over sized wheels or extreme lowering. It may look better (to some ) but functionality kinda goes out the window. Not to knock Alaska but that is the main reason I don't use it... I cannot see anything but the highlighted item!!

Here's my opinion derived from comments made during demos and movies nights from people that have never seen XBMC before, but are looking into Media hubs.

-Skins that do darkened unfocused browsing make it difficult to see all but the highlighted movie. Humans are built to "take in" large amounts of data at once which is why when skins are made that super focus one item it seems to be such a wow factor because your brain has to change and focus on the one item. As you read this you are not reading one word at a time but "seeing" a cluster of words and putting the data together. With darkened IMHO it's like reading one word at a time... harder to see what to pick at a quick glace.

When I have movie nights and hand over the remote to guests I get the oohs and ahhs that XBMC commands then I watch them....they open movies and look at all items on the Wall page, they don't really move the highlighted item they just page up or down and view the whole screen. When they see a movie they want to watch then they move the selection and highlight it. They are not paying attention to the movies they pass over.

The reason I say this is your skin has extreme function and is quick, only the wall view needs "tweaking" IMHO.

thanks again for the great skin.. hope what I said makes sense? I'm more of a form and function guy then eye candy. But your skin has both...save the wall view.:p

Snuff....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQ] Flat Wall View0