[WINDOWS] VS2008 include and lib directories
Experiment suggests that the include and lib directories can be specified within the project settings as ..\BuildDependencies\include and ..\BuildDependencies\lib. Can this be added to the VS2008 project?

The Wiki article recommends setting the BuildDependencies\include etc as global options in Tools/Options, however this is inconvenient when you keep several different builds of XBMC as you have to change the global settings each time you switch to a different build.

This isn't a big deal as I can make the changes manually after checking out a build, but it would be a time saver.

JR
That's a limitation of VS2008. It's done in VS2010 though, thanks to the new 'property manager' and 'property sheets'. No need to setup any path.
Be aware that the VS2010 project is not kept as up-to-date as VS2008 though.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
I was setting up a new devenv. and was thinking of testing vs2010 when I came across this post.

It's better then to stay with vs2008?
Always read the XBMC Online Manual,Frequently Asked Questions and search the forum before posting.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting use -> Log file.

Sooner or later we'll switch to vs2010 but for dharma vs2008 will still be used. It really makes no difference to XBMC if you add the path the one or the other way.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] VS2008 include and lib directories0