been asked before?
vob, iso, mkv, avi...

I'm looking for a way to rip a DVD movie to a single-file, lossless, with menus and extras.
I've tried copying the folder structure from a movie but I'm confused about the library, stacking, recursive scan, etc options. I can't just select the movie and play, it brings me to the directory on the DVD.

I want what I feel like xbmc is designed for - flip through my movie selection, play one - and it's just like poping in a DVD... but I can't seem to make that happen.

I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm having trouble sorting through all the irrelevant search results. Can someone point me towards a guide of the best way to do this?
Use anydvd with clone dvd to make the dvd into an iso file. very easy to use
Check this thread for ideas, but essentially, for a free solution, get DVDFab Passkey + ImgBurn to rip directly to ISO. single file, nothing ripped from the movie except encryption and whatever else you want.

Also, DVD43 is another free option that you should look into, they now support 64-bit versions of Windows, which they didn't when I did my research a few months back, that's why I went with DVDFab.

http://www.dvd43.com/
Like moviebuff said, Ripp your DVD's to .ISO with Clonedvd or DvdFAB.
Thank you all so much! .iso is doing exactly what I want, no problem at all.

Seriously, I really appreciate the help.

-B
MakeMKV is cross-platform
GJones Wrote:MakeMKV is cross-platform

I tried MakeMKV, but it doesn't seem to include menus, and it spits out 7 mkv files. I know the odds of me ever needing anything other than just the video itself are slim, but space is cheap.
Handbrake is pretty simple to use yet has very nice options (if you are seeking an afterwards encode)

http://www.handbrake.fr Wink
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
I still use that old faithful, dvdshrink, to rip what I want to a single iso file.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
been asked before?0