Library mode doesn't work when starting XBMC through EventGhost
Quote:Is there a way to login to my PC as "Administrator"? I've never had a reason to do that since I have Admin privileges - but perhaps that would get everything working on the same playing field?
I don't know of a way off hand, however, wouldn't doing that be essentially the same thing as turning UAC off?

Quote:...so not an XBMC issue then?
I really think its Win related, specifically something with permissions/UAC/security.

Never tried it myself, but here is the wiki page re: exporting:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...rt_Library

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
I'm kind of baffled by your issue.
What if you unmapped the drive, wrote a batch file that would map it for you and start XBMC, and then had EG run that batch file instead of pointing directly to the XBMC.exe file?

something like:
Quote:net use /delete /y V:
net use V: "\\SERVER\FOLDER" PASSWORD /user:USERNAME
"C:\Program Files\XBMC\XBMC.exe"

Win7 64-bit | AMD Athlon X2 4850e | 780G Chipset | 2 GB RAM | ATI Radeon 3200 | XBMC 10.0
I'm baffled as well. I read up on the export library and tried that and it's pretty cool. The hard part was getting rid of the existing records in the library. I assmed that deleting the source (under videos) would cover that. But after re-adding a new source I found I had dupe records in the library. The only way to lose those is to go into the source and change the content type to none - then xbmc asks if you want to remove the related movies from your library.

But once the source is gone - no can do that. So I got creative and added the source back in but specified a dummy folder (no movies), set the content to
movies, scanned/added to Library (nothing added of course) exited xbmc and then I edited the sources file and changed the path to the old mapped drive. Then went into videos and changed the content to none and it prompted me to remove the items from the library.

Whew...it worked and it works. EG starts in Admin mode (from the task scheduler when I login to Windows). And I can start xbmc from my MCE remote and movies in the library play.

Still bugs me but glad this works. Thanks to all for the help.

Now onto TV Shows and still trying to find good Album art!
Hi,

Sorry to bring back to life this thread but having the same problem myself - running windows 7 64-bit, have eventghost run as admin through task scheduler on startup, but whenever i try to run xbmc through EG it doesnt show the library. (just starts in default confluence skin, and shows folders only)

If however I run xbmc as admin manually then it starts properly in correct skin and shows library correctly.

Can you explain exactly what the fix you used was?

Also, if anyone else has come across this problem and has elegant solutions (such as better EG macro to run xbmc) then happy to try it out.. dont want be stuck having to manually export library everytime i add new movies/tv shows (if that is an issue?)

thanks.
Hmm.. even though I have a similar setup, looks like I dont have this problem after all!

The issue I had was (rather stupid but easily missed) that the EG xbmc plugin uses command line parameters -p -fs for XBMC as default - it was the -p causing the trouble since it was evidently looking for a different location for my userdata!

Now the problem is that -fs won't load xbmc in full screen which i cant figure out why
Well I had this problem, That it would not let me play any movies on my server. I shut off everything including my server. Turn everything back on an reloaded the folder with movies. It work I see all the movies, but I lost library mode. i cannot see any fanart, or any library mode.
PtolemyIV Wrote:Now the problem is that -fs won't load xbmc in full screen which i cant figure out why

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=94656

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library mode doesn't work when starting XBMC through EventGhost0