All fanart is the same.
Here's a description of the issue I'm having:

Clean install of stable release (no svn)
Deleted ALL data from userdata
I have all the -fanart files saved in my movies folder, all named properly
I've looked at the actual -fanart files to verify they were indeed the correct image for the file name.
I rebuilt the video library from a fresh install, all movie data scraped properly (i.e. the descriptions, studio info etc is all correct)

Yet every movie in my collection shows the fanart for the movie Animal House.

Here's some pics:
As you can see here, that's clearly the wrong fanart for that movie. Every movie shows this same image.

Here's a view of the fanart files in explorer. As you can see, they are the correct images, and named properly for the corresponding movies (identical except for "-fanart.jpg".

Anyone have any ideas?

Edit:

Now I have a new issue. The fanart is still wrong, but upon closing XBMC and reopening it, only 370 movies now display in library mode. A moment ago, there were over 1030. This was a clean install from on this machine, downloaded today from the main link.

Edit 2:
Okay, now the missing movies reappeared, but lot's of movies that had the proper data in the .nfo file are now incorrect. I've never had so many issues with the library. I'm going to delete all .nfo file, all fanart, delete the database, remove my sources, and use a 3rd party program to populate the extra data. I was hoping to avoid that, it takes about 2 days, but I'm running out of options. I'll post again if the problem persists.
Okay, I deleted the video db and cache and thumbs from the XBMC directory.
I deleted all .nfo files, all .tbn, and all fanart from my media directories.

I rescraped the media using MediaCompanion, and all information it generated is correct based on the images it saves and the contents of the .nfo files, which I manually verified.

Now all the fanart is the same, but uses different movie's image.

I repeated with a fresh install, and the same thing happened. I can manually change the fanart from within xbmc, pick the correct file and it fixes that file. I have no desire to do this with over 1000 movies. Anyone know what's up with this?

I have also gone to the latest svn build, the same issue persists. There must be something wrong with my files that xbmc can't deal with, but I have no idea what.
Posting a debug log would be a good start - see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708. Also check that you don't have any rogue files in the root of your movie folder which xbmc is likely to read first, then ignore all other folder data below that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
All fanart is the same.0