animated menu backgrounds pls help!
This may be getting picky, but I was wondering if there was a way to have some menu background animated, and others not.

Here's why:

In transparency you can select to animated menu backgrounds, but you can also select your movie and TV show menus to display fan art. If you want fan art showing, then you'll see a movie theatre with the screen displaying fanart, and a TV showing fanart.

I've run the script to separate the 2 into TV shows and movies, and that's working great.

The only problem I'm having is I like having my weather, setting, comic, etc menus animated. But if I select to have menus animated then the TV show menu and movie menu animate too, which moves the TV screen and theatre screen around, while also moving your fanart around independently (I hope this doesn't sound too confusing)

So basically I was wondering if there was a way to select which menus you wanted animated. In a perfect world I'd like all my menus animated except for the TV shows and Movie menus, since their screen within the background show animated fan art.

I hope this makes sense...
yeah...it was something i'd overlooked.
i fixed the issue sometime ago in the T! svn.

so you can either use that or have a little patience till
the next stable version of Transparency! is released.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
3.03 SVN works like a charm for me (of course aside the plugins)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
Ok awesome. I used the program menu and clicked the update svn, but that didn't fix the problem. Where can I update the T! svn?

Thanks for the quick answer
you'd also have to run a xbmc svn version in that case.

read here what's compatible:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=70134

and there's the instructions on how to check out T! svn:
http://xbmc.org/skins/transparency/5/
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks again for the quick response. Maybe I'll just wait until the next stable release of transparency. Any general timeline for that? I see in another post you mentioned that you would have to wait for a stable update to XBMC, so I guess I should be asking if there is a general timeline for the next XBMC stable release?
true, i'm thinking of releasing the next Transparency! around the time the next stable version of xbmc will be released.

there's no timeline for that.
Big Grin 
Well, as a help, check my signature, this particular XBMC SVN version with this particular Transparency! SVN version are working great,

To get the last up-to-date SVN XBMC check http://sshcs.com/xbmc/

To get the last up-to-date SVN Transparency! use Tortoise SVN e.g. then update to latest build using this URI http://transparency-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ then right click on the folder and chose EXPORT to any path you'd like,

Please note that it is important to rename the folder of exportation to "skin.transparency" and put it in your ADDON folder instead of the archaic SKIN folder/concept, remember that with the upcoming 10.X final version almost everything has been re-designed from scratch to be addons,

Last but not least, to avoid being scrapper dependent in XBMC, use the nice EmberMM that you can find here; http://www.embermm.com/

May the force be with you Nod
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
ronie Wrote:true, i'm thinking of releasing the next Transparency! around the time the next stable version of xbmc will be released.

there's no timeline for that.

http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

Shows clearly that it will be delayed (already 30h+ late), so I guess it will rather be a 10.7 or even 10.9 (my guess) Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
Thanks. If I install the new version through those links will I have to redo all my fanart? I have over 500 movies and have selected different fanart for each. I looked at that EmberMM and tried it on a couple movies, it seemed to clutter things a bit. What are the advantages to it?
So I got it all going. Looks good! Just a couple more questions:

Using EmberMM can I import my XBMC library with all it's album art, and renamed files? And then make changes from there? Or do I have to select my source folder?

Is there no Comic menu anymore?

And lastly, when I click movies from the home screen a bunch of rectangular frames pop up for an instant before it switches to the movie list. Is this a known bug? It doesn't seem to do it for TV shows or anything else.

thanks for all the help.
seasoned Wrote:So I got it all going. Looks good! Just a couple more questions:

Using EmberMM can I import my XBMC library with all it's album art, and renamed files? And then make changes from there? Or do I have to select my source folder?

in xbmc you can export your library (including thumbs/fanart):
Settings > Videos > Library > Export Video Library > Export to separate files

ember will recognize the files exported by xbmc.

seasoned Wrote:Is there no Comic menu anymore?
nope, but you can now add it as a submenu item yourself.

seasoned Wrote:And lastly, when I click movies from the home screen a bunch of rectangular frames pop up for an instant before it switches to the movie list. Is this a known bug? It doesn't seem to do it for TV shows or anything else.

it's a known xbmc bug, nothing i can do about.
seasoned Wrote:Thanks. If I install the new version through those links will I have to redo all my fanart? I have over 500 movies and have selected different fanart for each. I looked at that EmberMM and tried it on a couple movies, it seemed to clutter things a bit. What are the advantages to it?

hello,

you may export your library to multiple file but then again you'll have to keep a coherent structure to your movies (a folder with the movie name and the video file with the same name in the folder with external subs whatsoever)

anyway, that's exactly what bored me in the first place, and that's why I use EmberMM, of course probably you'll have to go over again to rescan all your movies using EmberMM but in the bright side, you'll do it once and for all, once you found the Poster/Backdrop you like all the infos are scrapped and then written in the Movie Folder structure, which means that even if you format the computer who is running XBMC (without even exporting the database), you'll just have to re-scrape the movies folders after a fresh install and it will keep EXACTLY the Poster/Backdrop/Info of your choice without asking anything :-)
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
ronie Wrote:it's a known xbmc bug, nothing i can do about.

Oh so it's a bug!? I thought it was a normal behaviour because when I have e.g. 50 movies in the library I don't have this "bug" while when having 2000 movies creates this "bug", even when switching files quickly the cases are missing until you stop,

I think it's more a limitation of XBMC itself and not a bug, I mean if we were using a MySQL database model which is indexed we won't experience such "bugs" (I think) Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
dondre Wrote:Oh so it's a bug!? I thought it was a normal behaviour because when I have e.g. 50 movies in the library I don't have this "bug" while when having 2000 movies creates this "bug", even when switching files quickly the cases are missing until you stop,

I think it's more a limitation of XBMC itself and not a bug, I mean if we were using a MySQL database model which is indexed we won't experience such "bugs" (I think) Smile

it's a bug.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8767

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
animated menu backgrounds pls help!0