• 22(current)
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25
Oh the only thing I am not so sure about (well thats not true. I'm not sure about most things I have done) but in the asound.conf there is a section on Bindings which I left untouched, as I am not sure what they are. So it is possible that they might need to be updated as well...
Looks like I am back to the drawing board. Just discovered a new problem. MP3 soundtracks and music files won't play.
Give a failed to initialise error...
That causes a rather large problem hahaha
Looks like I am back to the drawing board. Just discovered a new problem. MP3 soundtracks and music files won't play.
Give a failed to initialise error...
That causes a rather large problem hahaha
This was working prior to making these changes... Could it be something in the HD-Intel.conf
Hmmm I shall start tinkering....
Is that HD-Intel.conf file always present?
what would happen if I deleted it...
Edit:
Well it appears it is only some mp3's. Some of my movies are working but haven't found a music MP3 that works yet.
I think I have solved the problem.
I tried playing a variety of MP3 files with the debug log on. It turned out that the ones that were playing were 48000 kbps.
So I looked at the 2 files and saw all the references to rate 48000 in the asound.conf.
So I removed all of those and it started to work again. So i checked that zone 2 was working on all files simultaneously with the main room (i.e hdmi and analog output). Check!
Played a variety of MP3 files of varying bitrates. Check!
Played some 5.1 AAC files to check for correct speaker mapping. Check!
I don't have system sounds at the moment though as I commented out that section at some stage on the asound.conf and can't be bothered changing it back. And they were bugging me anyway.
But the strange thing is that I am now running the standard HDA-Intel.conf file (I got it off a Dharma Beta 2 install I had on an SD card to see if it had fixed the mapping issue) and it seems to be fine.. for now...
Ja4220,

are you saying that you just did like this

Code:
pcm.dmix-analog {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 1234
  slave {
    pcm "analog-hw"
    period_time 0
    period_size 1024
    buffer_size 4096
    #rate 48000

pcm.dmix-digital {
  type dmix
  ipc_key 1235
  slave {
    pcm "digital-hw"
    period_time 0
    period_size 1024
    buffer_size 4096
    #rate 48000

just put a # in front of every 4800 in the config file?

-=Jason=-
Jason,
Essentially yes. I actually just did a find and replace where I found rate 48000 and replaced it with nothing.
It seems to be working with everything... so far...
Are you having any luck with it?
I have yet to try your config.I am going to try tonight when I get home
Ja4220, I just tested out your file while it does work for mp3 and aac it didn't for me with DTS and Dolby Digital I got a terrible hissing sound. also my emulators no longer had sound. also my amp displayed PCM for every audio source...

I just commented out every where that had 4800 in it like you said. I did not try it out with out doing that though.

but for MP3 and AAC the dual audio was working.
-=Jason=-
Ok.
Let me think about this.
Quote: Ja4220, I just tested out your file while it does work for mp3 and aac it didn't for me with DTS and Dolby Digital I got a terrible hissing sound.
Firstly DTS and DD would be on HDMI pass through so wouldn't work through analog. This suits me fine as I only have movies in DTS or DD and if I am watching a movie I am not sitting outside on the deck.
That said I tested a DD 5.1 movie and it worked fine on my amp and Zone 2 was silent (obviously as there is nothing being passed to the audio output devices) Can't explain your hissing noise sorry.
Quote:also my amp displayed PCM for every audio source...
As does mine for sources that are being output (as opposed to Passed through). Is this bad? ( I was just happy it was working)
Anyway, hope it is helpful in some way. Like I said I have just been using the original file as a building block. The original poster (Chris80) makes mention of 5.1 being converted to AC3 for SPDIF. It may also do it for HDMI, although I would assume that would show differently on my amp..... maybe....
Thanks a lot. I spend many hours to fix my sound. And because your tips it works now on my Asus EB1012.
thevinz Wrote:Thanks a lot. I spend many hours to fix my sound. And because your tips it works now on my Asus EB1012.

^^^^ This - on a Zotac MAG running 10.10 after pulling my hair out for hours. I am now also doing the same thing on an ASROCK 330.

Much thanks for having sorted this!
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Finally.. AAC5.1 working as Multi-PCM on my AVR.
Great job!

One question mark though..
I tried some video clip with mp3 (2CH) audio, and the AVR tried to emulate some multichannel stereo. Would be nice if .mp3 (2CH) worked the same way, multi-pcm but only the two fronts playing. Is this possible?
HW: Asus P5N7A-VM / E8400 / 2x2GB PC6400 --> Harman Kardon AVR-255 --> Sony 40D3000 (1080p/24-50-60Hz).
SW: Ubuntu Jaunty (32bit). XBMC SVN mainbranch. HDMI for A/V.
mlmc Wrote:Finally.. AAC5.1 working as Multi-PCM on my AVR.
Great job!

One question mark though..
I tried some video clip with mp3 (2CH) audio, and the AVR tried to emulate some multichannel stereo. Would be nice if .mp3 (2CH) worked the same way, multi-pcm but only the two fronts playing. Is this possible?

The PCM --> stereo only mapping might be something you can tweak on your receiver.

I believe my Denon AVR-3808 handles 5.1, 7.1 and 2.0 [from FLAC] PCM correctly, however, I vaguely recall options for stereo mapping to all channels in there somewhere as well.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Can anyone advise whether this will work with Maverick / Natty or alternatively whether it is now part of the current Live build?
Mythbuntu Maverick 64-bit Mythtv & XBMC E6300, GT430, Antec Minuet 350, 2GB DDR-800 Ram, Gigabyte G-31M-E2SL, Yamaha RXv-1800 over HDMI @ 1080p to Sony Bravia 55" LCD 100HZ, Focal-JM Labs 826/806 speakers & Velodyne CHT-12R sub... "mmm, nice."
I have both Lucid [10.04] + Maverick [10.10] installs working successfully.

Natty will depend on when the PPA's are ready.
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.256