• 5(current)
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.25
still not installing.
Code:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
  xbmc: Depends: xbmc-data (= 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-skin-confluence (= 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed or
                 xbmc-skin-pm3-hd (= 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
        Depends: xbmc-web (= 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
checked my sources again in case I'm being dumb but nothing relevant there
Mythbuntu Maverick 64-bit Mythtv & XBMC E6300, GT430, Antec Minuet 350, 2GB DDR-800 Ram, Gigabyte G-31M-E2SL, Yamaha RXv-1800 over HDMI @ 1080p to Sony Bravia 55" LCD 100HZ, Focal-JM Labs 826/806 speakers & Velodyne CHT-12R sub... "mmm, nice."
Try

Quote:sudo apt-get install -f

Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Sorry still no joy
Mythbuntu Maverick 64-bit Mythtv & XBMC E6300, GT430, Antec Minuet 350, 2GB DDR-800 Ram, Gigabyte G-31M-E2SL, Yamaha RXv-1800 over HDMI @ 1080p to Sony Bravia 55" LCD 100HZ, Focal-JM Labs 826/806 speakers & Velodyne CHT-12R sub... "mmm, nice."
Try

Quote:sudo apt-get clean all

Quote:sudo apt-get autoremove

Quote:sudo apt-get update

Quote:sudo apt-get install xbmc

you might need to run sudo apt-get install -f again

It that doesn't work you might want to try the ubuntu forums.. I'm out of ideas Smile

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
thanks for your help! Still not there but I'll try the forums, dont want to hijack the thread!
same problem here. I already had lucid and xbmc installed and working but after an update a few minutes ago, aptitude installed the new xbmc-bin package and removed all other xbmc-* packages..
I think they are updating the repo and 4 now only the xbmc-bin is version 1:9.11+svn30938-lucid1 but all others are still version 1:9.11+svn28042-lucid1.1..
hope they will upload all new packages soon
SVN for AMD64 is borked at the moment...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75308
harryzimm Wrote:Hi,

@The Chef

The solution is here. change /dev/sdc1 to whatever you primary hdd is. Use "sudo fdisk -l" to find it. Forget editing the syslinux file, its not needed.

@robo989,

Karmic should be ok but i think you need to manually upgrade alsa for pcm multi audio.

cheers

Hi there bit of a late reply but it all works fine in Karmic. Didn't need to upgrade ALSA or anything - except remove the "upower" from the command line used to install the extra software needed
harryzimm Wrote:Im glad its working at last. Not sure about the lagging video, usually a reboot will sort it. Maybe im just lucky but all my 1080p content works perfectly. Have you tried playing a 5.1 movie to test the channel mappings are correct?

cheers.

Hi there, I'm experiencng the same thing. Tried all manner of settings regarding clock\resampling\sync settings etc but the irregular stutter is still there on movies with a bitrate slightly higher than average.

It doesn't occur at all on any of my 1080p movies that have AC3\DTS audio - only FLAC. Would you mind doing me a favour and checking your error percentage on some high bitrate videos in your posession that are being decoded with FLAC audio. If you keep an eye on the error % for a couple of minutes on a few different movies I'm sure you'll see a similar fluctuation in errors as I am. (press "o" on keyboard when watching to bring up statistics)

Personally get the feeling it's a hardware limitation....

Many thanks
earlneath Wrote:SVN for AMD64 is borked at the moment...
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75308
SVN for amd64 now working!
Roelio Wrote:Let me know if I can add or change something.
Just one small thing; There is a possible problem with doing this and always doesn't work: There is a Windows end-of-line character (i.e. ^M) in every line, which is hidden but sometimes cause problem on Linux environment. After downloading the file, if you try this: sudo cat -e /etc/asound.conf you'll understand what I mean. I suggest, doing this instead (and better, if you can do this as root):

Code:
curl "http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f5f9654bb" | tr -d \\r > /etc/asound.conf
curl "http://pastebin.com/download.php?i=f2e38265" | tr -d \\r > /usr/share/alsa/cards/HDA-Intel.conf
I had a real problem with that and I wasted more than 2hrs. to figure that out, so I though I'd share.
Just my 2 cents........
MINIX NEO U22-XJ | Denon AVC-X3800H | KEF Q750 | KEF Q250c | KEF Q150 | KEF Q50a | KEF Kube 10 MIE | LG OLED65G16LA | CoreELEC
Thank you so much for this guide, it worked great to get my zotac ion hooked up to my reciever via hdmi.

I'm using the svn build and the only trouble i'm running into is the scrappers don't seem to be working right, perhaps it is just an issue with the svn?

Anyway Thanks again for the great guide.
Regarding the long boot time with Lucid i found out the following.
The reason for the delay is somehow related to the floppy. If possible disable it in BIOS.
If you (like me) have no option to disable it follow these instructions.

edit /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and add:
Code:
blacklist floppy

After saving the edited file run this command:
Code:
update-initramfs -u

This fixed the problem for me.

I found this tip here.

Best regards and thanks for th guide.
edit: seems to be working now with the July SVN. With my video card I plugged the spdif cable from the motherboard to a connector on the card, does that disable the nvidia-hdmi? it's a 9400 by MSI. I get no 0,3 when I do aplay -l

in xbmc my settings are:
/edit
Maybe I'm missing something. I can only get sound effects out of xbmc, all movies are silent.
Code:
aplay -l
**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC883 Analog [ALC883 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC883 Digital [ALC883 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

Code:
cat /etc/asound.conf
pcm.!hdmi-remap {
type asym
playback.pcm {
type plug
slave.pcm "remap-surround71"
}
}

pcm.!remap-surround71 {
  type route
  slave.pcm "hw:0,1"
  ttable {
    0.0= 1
    1.1= 1
    2.4= 1
    3.5= 1
    4.2= 1
    5.3= 1
    6.6= 1
    7.7= 1
  }
}
(I tried 0,3 but with that I had no sound effects in xbmc)
followed the guide incl removing pulse.
on latest svn. Whatever combinations of audio settings I try in xbmc I am getting no sound at all so must be going wrong somewhere.
There is no "digital" setting, there is "optical/coax" but whether I use this hdmi or analog, no sound...
Thanks for the asound.conf and the HDA-intel.conf file.

I have some issue's /questions left:
1) If I disable dolby digital/DTS than i'm able to get multichannel sound but the voices come out of the wrong speaker (behind me in stead of the center speaker)

How can this be changed?

2) I renamed my .asoundrc file in /home/xbmc because this was only to get menu sound to work. I'm I right or do I have to enable it again?

3) All my 2-channel audio files (mp3/flv etc.) give no audio at all it doesn't matter if I turn of/on DTS/dolby digital. I know it can work (sampled up to 5.1 or just 2 channel) but don't know what to alter in de asound.conf or HDA-Intel.conf file.
Does any one know a solution for this?

running on ubuntu karmic 9.10 latest kernel and latest SVN (march 30), alsa 0.23, nvidia 256.35.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO Install XBMC on Lucid Mini with PCM Multichannel and Nvidia 256.256