Getting into my NAS
Ok, real computer noob here. I have XBMC installed on my ATV. I have an eztray by Xtremer NAS enclosure with 2 HD's in it. I can see it on my network from the mini, and I can see it on my ATV via XBMC. However, I can't see anything beyond the public folder from XBMC. I can see all the contents in the public folder from the mini. I think I need to register as a user and password through XBMC, but can't seem to figure out how to do that? is it system>network? anyway, i can't figure this out?
try ...

user: xbmc
pwd: xbmc
ok, I'm assuming you mean create a user on the NAS? I did that, and it didn't make a difference, but I like the thought, I created a new user on the NAS, called xbmx with password: xbmc Still when I go the upnp drive in my sources, I can see the drive, and the public folder, but nothing inside the public folder
can someone help me some more?
I set up my etrayz as my xbmc source last night.

In xbmc I just went into videos > add source > smb://etrayz/public/Movies > put in etrayz username and password (default is sysadmin/admin) > set content to movies > watch movie.
circle_ Wrote:I set up my etrayz as my xbmc source last night.

In xbmc I just went into videos > add source > smb://etrayz/public/Movies > put in etrayz username and password (default is sysadmin/admin) > set content to movies > watch movie.

OK, I think we're getting somewhere with this post. I'm not doing it through smb. Maybe that is my problem. I've been using upnp. I was told my device was set up that way. I'll try SMB I guess. With upnp, I don't get prompted for a user name and password. I'll report soon.
OK, that worked! I was able to get into the public folder and see all my media, HOWEVER, does this mean that I have to leave my computer on? The benefit of the NAS, I thought was that through upnp, I could just have the NAS on, and the computer and hard drives could be off to save energy?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting into my NAS0