ATTENTION! Changes for skin compatibility post XBMC DHARMA
Rad_ Wrote:Apologies for derailing the current topic, but while you're discussing various last minute changes, would you consider adding another optional image per skin that could be an integrated, skin-specific splash/logo? I know this image is ultimately overridable by the end user, but it would be interesting if switching skins could handle switching the splash automatically, no?
This has been discussed before and the answer was no because that splash is like a trademark for XBMC and we really don't want the skins to be able to change it to anything so people wouldn't even have a clue they are using XBMC and for example just think they are running a cool app called "AEON" (anyone actually read aeons settings text btw makes it sound like the skin does it all and xbmc does nothing)
disabling an addon removes it from the addons dir, it does not remove it from your system. it is still cached in your packages folder, and reenabling it again is as snappy as unzipping the package. this is exactly how just about every other package manager out there behaves. if you apt-get remove something you do just that - remove the installed files.
which is fine if you actually got it from a repo if your in the middle of creating it its rather harsh Smile
Jezz_X Wrote:Fool me once shame on you ................. Rolleyes
I know, I know but when you're changing code and then hitting buttons to get to the right screen it's too easy to not look at what's selected. I've learnt my lesson now though and have changed the defaultbutton from the group (which would automatically select 'Disable') to the Changelog button. Rolleyes
Jezz_X Wrote:Updated the first post with a link to confleunces DialogAddonSettings.xml with support for the new setting groups (so you guys can copy the Id's needed) https://xbmc.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot...ttings.xml
Thanks for that, I was wondering why I couldn't see them in yesterdays Confluence code.
which is why you use your own, local, development repo Wink
spiff Wrote:which is why you use your own, local, development repo Wink

How?

Or is it not that easy?
pretty simple and we'll tell you all about it once the xmls are in their final format.
As of r30736 the "Enable" button has become "Install" or "Uninstall" (depending on the addon state) and the "Disable" button has become "Enable" or "Disable" similarly.

Disabled addons are installed but not usable. I'll add a prompt with "Are you sure" for Uninstall.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks Jonathan, appreciated.
Added to the first post

7) Extra Icons
DefaultAddon.png Default icon used for addons before their proper icon has downloaded
DefaultAddonNone.png Icon used for the "None" value when selecting addons in DialogSelect.xml (eg: picking a screensaver)
Is there any progress or more info on the All views displayed at once entering movie library...Still happens in Confluence and all other skins, I'm on 31009

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
no and not really related to this topic Smile we know why it happens but what to do about it is a completely different matter Smile
Updated with:

8) Player.SeekOffset
New string added. Can be used to indicate the seek offset after a seek press (eg user presses BigStepForward, player.seekoffset returns +10:00, user presses StepBackward, player.seekoffset returns -0:30)

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Updated with:

9) Scripts window can be removed
Replace with Programs window, linked via ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return). Note that Addons works as a quick path in all windows that can have addons (music,videos,pictures,programs) and the return parameter works everywhere now.

Cheers,
Jonathan

jmarshall Wrote:Updated with:

9) Scripts window can be removed
Replace with Programs window, linked via ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons,return). Note that Addons works as a quick path in all windows that can have addons (music,videos,pictures,programs) and the return parameter works everywhere now.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I've add a link to Picture Add-Ons (<onclick>ActivateWindow(Pictures,Addons,return)</onclick>) but it's taking me to Program Add-Ons. Is it simply because you've not got that far yet or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ATTENTION! Changes for skin compatibility post XBMC DHARMA0