Video selection screensaver
I don't see a way to select a video as a screensaver.

Having the fireplace or aquarium video set as a screensaver would be cool.

Being a c/java developer I would like to give this ago. If there are no reasons why I shouldn't, Ill start.

Any comments guys?
Thanks
Go for it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hmm.

Is there any other pointers on the xbmc source apart from:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...r_Workings

Thanks,
Ryan
Screensaver activation is done by the screensaver functions in Application.cpp

I'd do something somewhat similar to what is done for the slideshow one.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Would be awesome if there was an aquarium screensaver!
I can play a video as a screensaver on my xbmc snapshot view atm but having troubles creating new options in GUISettings.cpp

Are you guys on IRC or something else?
In latest SVN you don't want to create settings in there anyway - the settings are handled via an XML file in the addon itself. See addons/screensaver.xbmc.builtin.*.

And yes, if you want development help via IRC, holler in #xbmc on freenode and someone will point you to a dev.

Cheers,
Jonathan

My friend, Omar Patryn, was wondering if you can have an interactive screensaver. I know it sounds a little counter-intuitive, given that a screensaver is on when you're not using the computer, and interacting with it should by default turn off the screensaver.

Anyway, the idea was to have a screensaver that could react to sound through your microphone. So say it was a pond, if you made a loud thump, there would be a splash on the screen. Or something similar. Is this possible?
Why not just have a setting that allows the screen saver trigger to execute a shortcut within the normal API of XBMC such as run shortcut X (for launching some interactive program screen saver as stated above) or play playlist, ect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video selection screensaver0