• 43(current)
[RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script
I just decided I'd like to watch a tv show in bed, on my Macbook.

XBMC is installed on Win7 based HTPC in my living room. For storage, an eSATA drive is attached to my HTPC.

Now I can access files on that HTPC via wifi on my Macbook, but I want the XBMC interface. So I did this:

1. installed XBMC on my Macbook
2. zipped the contents of C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\portable_data\userdata but excluded the Thumbnails folder because it was 1.5GB
3. extracted the contents of the zipfile to my Macbook in Library>Application Support>XBMC>Userdata
4. modified the starting path in sources.xml file on Macbook (simply replaced S:\ for correct SMB paths).

Then I opened XBMC on Mac and it runs fine with the same settings, did had to download my skin again, but everything else is fine.

Except for... Logos! Ofcourse the logo.png files are still present in each tv show folder, but the path is probably incorrect. Where is the path to tv show logos stored?

Also.. isn't there an easier method to share (and sync) the thousands of thumbnails? Because I dont have any picture/fanart now on my Macbook now.. really dont want to do a full library scan..
zilexa Wrote:Except for... Logos! Ofcourse the logo.png files are still present in each tv show folder, but the path is probably incorrect. Where is the path to tv show logos stored?

path is stored in Textures6.db and they are cached to the Thumbnails folder (which you didn't copy).
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:most likely a xbmc issue, but there's usually not much info in the regular log.
need a debuglog at least, as it may provide some pointers as to what's gone wrong.

Thanks, I have recorded a debug log and posted it as a bug in Trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12142

In case anyone is curious here is the pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/WRNu8C5T

It seems like maybe XBMC is crashing due to the logo downloader trying to ReloadSkin() at the end of downloading something. I suppose it does this so that the newly downloaded stuff will show up?
version 3.0.8 is now available in the pre-eden addon repo.

by popular demand, the script will now show up in your installed addons list,
so you can read the changelog, rollback to a previous version and what more.

also you'll find it popping up under programs add-ons, which allows you to run the script manually.
check the available settings before you do!
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:version 3.0.8 is now available in the pre-eden addon repo.

by popular demand, the script will now show up in your installed addons list,
so you can read the changelog, rollback to a previous version and what more.

also you'll find it popping up under programs add-ons, which allows you to run the script manually.
check the available settings before you do!

Nice Nod
I was thinking of integrating those options into our dowloader because the logo downloader had no standalone mode.

however got this error:
Code:
23:33:44 T:4520   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\XBMC Eden\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 808, in <module>
                                                downloader()
                                              File "C:\XBMC Eden\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 139, in __init__
                                                log( "### default_thumb:%s ###" % self.default_thumb )
                                            AttributeError: downloader instance has no attribute 'default_thumb'
23:33:44 T:4520    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:however got this error:
Code:
23:33:44 T:4520   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\XBMC Eden\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 808, in <module>
                                                downloader()
                                              File "C:\XBMC Eden\portable_data\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 139, in __init__
                                                log( "### default_thumb:%s ###" % self.default_thumb )
                                            AttributeError: downloader instance has no attribute 'default_thumb'
23:33:44 T:4520    INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--

meh, i completely borked the script Sad

what was i thinking...pushing some untested (well, only be me) changes to the repo.

but, at least i live up to the team motto:
code, push, sleep, fix.

v3.0.9 should show up any minute now ;-)
ronie Wrote:meh, i completely borked the script Sad

what was i thinking...pushing some untested (well, only be me) changes to the repo.

but, at least i live up to the team motto:
code, push, sleep, fix.

v3.0.9 should show up any minute now ;-)

That'll teach you Cool

I'm missing the alcoholic beverages in the motto Laugh
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:That'll teach you Cool
i deserve to be punished.
Machine-Sanctum Wrote:I'm missing the alcoholic beverages in the motto Laugh
yeah i know, sucks, fridge was empty tonight.
the absence of was most likely the cause of my f*-up
ronie Wrote:i deserve to be punished.

yeah i know, sucks, fridge was empty tonight.
the absence of was most likely the cause of my f*-up

Well any one can make a mistake so all is forgiven. Just blame it on the lack of alcohol Smile
So first thing tomorrow is to make sure the fridge is full again.
Will try it out the script later tonight.

Is there any good starting place on how to make custom gui's for add-ons? At the time i try to look at other script however due to my lack of python/skinning skills most are to extensive for me to read.

EDIT:
Think the description/summary in addon.xml needs some updating to
Anyone ever seen this before. I get "error downloading file" when trying to download from the media info screen. When I run the script from the skins menu, it doesn't give the error, but it simply does not download any images. I've tried this with neon and simplicity , so I figured the issue is with the script.
Forgive me for asking this--but is this addon indeed missing from the addon repository?

I can't find it anywhere!
branlr Wrote:Forgive me for asking this--but is this addon indeed missing from the addon repository?

I can't find it anywhere!

xbmc dharma or pre-eden?
i'm getting some errors;

Code:
11:47:58 T:6084  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:47:59 T:5372   ERROR: CRemoteControl::Connect - failed to connect
11:48:03 T:6100 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
11:48:42 T:368  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Documents and Settings\*****\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 44, in get_html_source
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     sock = urllib.urlopen(url)
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 86, in urlopen
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     return opener.open(url)
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 207, in open
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     return getattr(self, name)(url)
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\urllib.py", line 349, in open_http
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     errcode, errmsg, headers = h.getreply()
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 1064, in getreply
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     response = self._conn.getresponse()
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 990, in getresponse
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     response.begin()
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 391, in begin
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     version, status, reason = self._read_status()
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\httplib.py", line 349, in _read_status
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     line = self.fp.readline()
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Program\XBMC\system\python\Lib\socket.py", line 427, in readline
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR:     data = recv(1)
11:48:49 T:368   ERROR: IOError: [Errno socket error] [Errno 10054]
11:48:54 T:368   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
11:48:54 T:368   ERROR:   File "C:\Documents and Settings\****\Application Data\XBMC\addons\script.tv.show.next.aired\default.py", line 44, in get_html_source

I'm using the latest nightly xbmc on winxp, running the script from the program setting with option set to download everything.

It loops that portion of code over and over and over in the logfile even after the script is done running, only way to make it stop is to kill xbmc thru the taskmanager (it refuses to exit normally)

It does the same if I select one tvshow and want to update a logo from that one. infinite loop.
Thx for this great addon which always worked well. Only now I'm getting an error:

NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcvfs
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 8, in ?
import xbmcvfs
ImportError: No module named xbmcvfs
clenze Wrote:Thx for this great addon which always worked well. Only now I'm getting an error:

NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcvfs
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\...\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 8, in ?
import xbmcvfs
ImportError: No module named xbmcvfs

you're not using xbmc pre-eden, but are using the pre-eden version of logo-downloader.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script3