HTC desire onscreen keyboard
Hey guys,

Is it possible to use the phones touch keyboard when typing in XBMC?

For instance when I'm in remote control view on the phone and want to search for a specific movie, it would be easier to use the phones keyboard instead of using the arrows and the input keyboard in the main xbmc client.

Phone: HTC Desire
AFAIK that's not possible with current HTTP API nor EventServer, see also issue 85, it has something to do with XBMC not accepting the remote keyboard commands in input fields.

Feel free to correct me.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Boxee remote allows you use your "soft" and "hardware" keyboard. I've used the boxee remote on XBMC media (PC/Linux) and XBMC XBOX and typing works with software and hardware keyboard on both.

Not sure if its built using HTTP API or EventServer though but, maybe worth a look.

http://www.acquasys.com/boxeeremote/

Edit: Actually there is another Boxee remote software specifically for the Android that supports hardware and software keyboard. Its "Boxee Wifi Remote"
Will test it when I get my hands on a Windows Mobile phone (got some lying around at work).

Cheers
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
Bump
hold menu hard key on the desire to get the soft keyboard up works a treat for me. 'c' for cntext etc.
Will solving issue 85 allow you to add sources with the soft keyboard (HTC Desire for instance) or is that a separate issue?
duuncan Wrote:hold menu hard key on the desire to get the soft keyboard up works a treat for me. 'c' for cntext etc.

I've noticed this. It's odd, I can type 'c' to get a context menu but can't use the keyboard to type into any of the search boxes etc.

FYI, I'm using a HTC Hero.
It'd be nice if you could also use the keyboard to do a search of the library as it's displayed on the phone, so you can quickly jump to movies or TV shows.
here to ask EXACTLY the same thing, any (good) news ?
thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTC desire onscreen keyboard0