Option to lock controller/remote buttons
I have pets and kids and it gets annoying when you're watching a movie and they grab the controller or accidentally hit a button on the controller and end up fast forwarding the movie. I want to suggest a feature where you "lock" the controller by pressing the white button + back button. Once locked the only buttons available is the right thumb sticks up and down for volume and A for pause. If you press any other button a little lock pops up to let you know the xbmc is locked. To unlock press white + back buttons again or reboot the xbox.
Sounds a neat idea to me, can imagine using it alot.....

Shorty
Hi,
I'd like a feature where the controllers can be locked/unlocked with a certain key combination so playback won't be accidentally interrupted.
this is a pretty good idea actually....for me at least, because my controller's triggers are screwed up and it tends to start rewinding or fastforwarding by itself haha. I usually have to take the batteries out everytime i watch something. But for more practical use, i can see it being useful. Or even if you have a party or something and don't want people messing with it.
I also think it's a good idea. Been requested a few times over the years, including here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=7496
tim, I have a few controllers which rewinds/fastforwards by it self too. I was wondering if you tried to fiddle with the controllerdeadzone in the advancedsettings.xml? If you have I don't have to spend time on it also Wink
hmm no actually i didn't realize that was an option in advanced settings. Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out when I get back from Spain Big Grin That would definitely make my life easier. It doesn't help that this controller (one of those wireless logitechs) had the most sensitive triggers i'd ever seen even when it was brand new, now its just a big pain in the ass.
I couldn't live without my wireless logitech controllers. However I have 1 maybe 2 which does this auto forward/rewind. I hope the deadzone setting can fix this, will try tonight.
tested. the deadzone does not fix the problem for my controller even at 0.9 value Sad

maybe I should test it on the pc instead and visually see what is going on with the left thumb stick
ah, well its not the thumbstick for me. It's the triggers for me. I thought it strange there would be a deadzone for triggers when you mentioned it...lol
ahh sorry about that Smile

I made a xbox usb to pc usb cable in order to be able to plugin my logitech wireless controller in to my PC. Installed the XBCD driver for x64. The XBCD config tool does not work on Windows x64, however the one in control panel does.
This program displays a rock solid left thumbstick with no twitching or anything.
So I wonder why it messes up in XBMC. Maybe this program hides the problem because the twitch is so quick that it does not display here, but still enough to make XBMC react while watching a video

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option to lock controller/remote buttons0