Lower CPU load on idle / music
Hi,

I have a HTPC running XBMC, and I notice that as soon as I start XBMC, even if there is no video to render, my CPU load goes instantly up to nearly 100%, and my CPU fan becomes quite loud. I read in another thread that this is due to the rendering of the user interface at really high framerates.

However, I find this really annoying, especially when listening to music. Is there a way to setup XBMC to a lower desired framerate for the UI, and decreasing the CPU load?
Your video card busywaits on vsync. Turn off vsync or (better) look into options that will reduce this, such as the "fake fullscreen" modes or adding the <sleepbeforeflip> advanced setting.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Your video card busywaits on vsync. Turn off vsync or (better) look into options that will reduce this, such as the "fake fullscreen" modes or adding the <sleepbeforeflip> advanced setting.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Thanks, but that only partially helped, my CPU load is still at around 60 to 75 percent, even if there is no motion at all on the screen. Is there a way to lower the fps for the GUI?
There is an on-going project that should take care of that, read the following post http://xbmc.org/topfs2/2010/05/24/beagle...gsoc-2010/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lower CPU load on idle / music0