Trouble adding to library
Hello,
When i set the contents of four drives to be seen as TV shows I can see that there are a ton of folders in there that should be showing up in the TV library but when it scans it's only showing a few out of 100+ folders. I have tried cleaning the library and trying again and also restarting XBMC but it keeps pulling up the same four shows and leaving out the rest.
I am able to see them when im not in library mode but not when I am.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Nate
Perhaps the folder structures and/or file names are not "correctly named" resulting in the scrappers skipping those items which could explain why you only see a part of it but not all of them as you'd like,

Have you ever tried a dedicated MediaManager like EmberMM (http://www.embermm.com) ?

This works really great to scrape and keep the scrapped info in a nice structure, which means that once you have the wanted info about your TV shows you will never have to look for them anymore even if loosing your XBMC database (you'll just have to re-scrape but it won't use the XBMC scrapper but the info files instead),

Last but not least EmberMM tend to deal more easily with "exotic" folder names and/or files (coming from the scene)

Hope it helps you a bit Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
natepen Wrote:Hello,
When i set the contents of four drives to be seen as TV shows I can see that there are a ton of folders in there that should be showing up in the TV library but when it scans it's only showing a few out of 100+ folders. I have tried cleaning the library and trying again and also restarting XBMC but it keeps pulling up the same four shows and leaving out the rest.
I am able to see them when im not in library mode but not when I am.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Nate
Hi Nate - first and foremost with the correct folder/file structure xbmc is more than capable of correctly scraping movie/tv data without the need for a 3rd party application. Provide a debug log (see here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=42708) and provide details of your folder/file naming convention, lets see if we can get you back on track without the need for a further cog in the wheel which by and large is not needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble adding to library0