• 49(current)
Shuttle XS35
devkid Wrote:I want to try OpenELEC with that Shuttle XS35GTV2. Should I take x86 or x64 build? Thank you.

Both builds ran on may machine booting from USB stick.
OlliLaukkanen Wrote:If the surface is already that hot, what does System Info say? My CPU is always under 60°C...

i cannot find any sensors for the atom =/
Möhre Wrote:My Shuttle XS35GTV2 is getting really hot... cooler surface @ 77°C (laser measured) after 2 hours FullHD-Streaming!!! Is this normal? Can anybody confirm?
I am afraid of putting it into the tv cupboard and close doors =/

Are you laying it flat? It really should be vertical for proper ventilation. Just curious since you didn't mention it.
clambert Wrote:Are you laying it flat? It really should be vertical for proper ventilation. Just curious since you didn't mention it.

No it is on its stand - vertical. Also no disk drive mounted.
The Shuttle support told me 80°C is normal for the ION. mmmh
KODI on Ubuntu
Hi,

Just started using my XS35v2 for torrent / share box and saw the temps were hovering around 80degC as well. Not really the best but hopefully it won't hurt anything.. HDD is running at ~50degC reported.

Using speedfan for reporting.

Vertical on stand as well..
Im sorry if this has been asked before, I dont have time to read 74 pages Smile

I'm thinking about buying Shuttle XS35 as a christmas present to my father, but im concerned with how it handles Ubuntu/XBMC. Does it work OK for playing 1080p and stuff?

Is 1 GB enough, or should I go with 2?
Do you mean the v2 of the XS35GT?
You should consider running of thinner version of XBMC -> http://openelec.tv.

But there are issues: http://openelec.tv/forum/24-ion-platform...ion-thread

I don't personally have this issue (running at 50Hz). I play a 10GB 1080 video with no problems.

1GB should be enough for an OpenELEC setup. I bought 2GB for 15€.

See this (post #4) and this, whereas the last issue is not an Hardware issue.
I have an XS35GTv1 running as HTPC and it has yet to fail me at playing streaming HD content, including 1080p blueray mkv rips. OK, my playback is done on a 42" 720p TV (dunno if that makes a difference), but from what I know and guess, the decoding is still the same. I have also not had any kind of issues with any other content, but have not yet used it to display high resolution photo material or similar.

That's on a Live install btw, running from an SSD and with 4Gb of RAM. With the current pricing of RAM, I don't see any reason to not drop 4Gb and yes, both v1 and v2 support up to 4Gb (v1 via a BIOS update).

Temps are good, 50-60 degrees at playback. My special mounting (some brackets and stuff at the back of my TV furniture, sitting low => low ambient temp) probably helps.

In my case, everything worked out of the box (including IR receiver and Harmony remote) except the network and USB power on suspend (to allow wake up), which was fixed with a few very simple lines of code from this guide.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Has anyone else tried XBMCbuntu beta-versions with XS35GT? I first installed v25 from XBMCFreak´s site, and yesterday updated to v28 which is Eden beta 2. With both versions there seems to be an annoying stuttering-problem with hd-videos (both 720p and 1080p). Picture just freezes occasionally and it lasts from fraction of second to several seconds. Sound plays back just fine. Any idea how to fix this?
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
Sorry, doublepost.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
I bought a set of logitech z5500 speakers and I would like to connect them to the shuttle. There is a decoder/control panel with the logitech so I wouldnt need to purchase an AV receiver?. If I do not need an av receiver how do I connect the speakers to the shuttle since there is only a 3.5mm jack - would I buy a usb sound card with optical out?
Apologies my knowledge on audio is very limited and I am trying to come up to speed with it all- confused

Thanks alot!
My knowledge is equally limited, but I guess the best way would be some external HDMI "splitter", since HDMI is where you can get digital out from the Shuttle.

If such exist I have no clue...
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Hi there,

I've been using XBMC live 10.1 on my Shuttle XS35GTV2 for a while. Wireless won't work. Did compile some drivers, inserted the modules, with no luck ... but nevermind.

Yesterday I've tried (without installing) the Eden 11.0 beta3 - XBMCbuntu. In this version, wireless works fine - I've managed to connect to my wireless network in that desktop environment outside XBMC.
However, I wasn't able to get any sound via HDMI. The default settings work fine if I connect headphones - and if I'd use external amplifier that would work too ... but I use speakers built in my TV set. That combination worked fine in XBMC live 10.1 - did anyone manage to get sound via hdmi interface in XBMCbuntu?
@cyc-

I have a GTv2 also - which bios do you have installed?

Also, is there a persistent version of xbmcbuntu? Otherwise, I think you have to redo the network each time ...
  • 49(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS354