• 52(current)
Shuttle XS35
frieten Wrote:i was just going off the website specs

IDT92HD81
2.1 channel High Definition Audio

I believe that's the "traditional" onboard audio, whereas the HDMI audio runs via the ION, as explained to me once by moderator prae5:

prae5 Wrote:Shuttle XS35GT supports surround sound without any issues at all as will pretty much any ion based device.
HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
Orclas Wrote:I believe that's the "traditional" onboard audio, whereas the HDMI audio runs via the ION, as explained to me once by moderator prae5:

oh awesome good to be learning stuff lol, its just a shame my tv doesn't do pass-thru audio. so for now i'll still go with an external soundcard, until i get a better sound system and can just plug HDMI straight into the receiver.
(2012-02-22, 22:03)cyc- Wrote: HDMI audio isn't a problem anymore, it's solved. If anyone wants a screenshot of the settings for HDMI audio on XS35GTV2, I can post it.

I would like to know, how you got the audio to work.
I just EDEN on my XS35GT (comming from 10.1 where everything worked), and I can't get the audio to work.

thx Smile
Check alsamixer, I had to unmute hdmi there in beta -versions. Haven´t tried final though because I´m using Openelec nightly builds now.
Odroid C2 running CoreElec
@cyc, i'm having the same font size issues with my XS35GT v2, and XBMCbuntu. the regular XBMC interface works fine, but in ubuntu the font sizes are so small as to be unreadable. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
(2012-03-26, 21:03)ckambler Wrote: @cyc, i'm having the same font size issues with my XS35GT v2, and XBMCbuntu. the regular XBMC interface works fine, but in ubuntu the font sizes are so small as to be unreadable. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

It doesn't happen if you choose the 120DPI option when installing.

If you chose the other option and want to fix it, just edit the Monitor section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf and add this line:
Code:
Option            "DPI"      "120 x 120 "

Hi everyone,
My first post Smile I want to but a XS35GT V2 (with 4Gb and SSD) and then install openelec xmbc. My network is gigabit and all my files are stored on a nas. I have read the posts here, but still have a few questions.

What is the maximum filesize for 1080p files? Can I play 30 Gb mkv files?
Is 5.1 audio over HDMI possible?
Or should I buy a XS35GTA V2 with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD5430?
Quote:What is the maximum filesize for 1080p files? Can I play 30 Gb mkv files?

As long as your network can handle it, there's no max file size as such and I've played 20 Gb movies without the Shuttle even breaking a sweat (I think CPU/GPU never raised above 20% or so).

Quote:Is 5.1 audio over HDMI possible?

Yes, ION handles that.

Quote:Or should I buy a XS35GTA V2 with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD5430?

I can't see why, unless perhaps for 3D movies or gaming.

HTPC: LibreELEC 7 on Shuttle XS35GTv2 & Raspberry Pi 3
NAS: NAS4Free 2x 3TB Raid1
(2012-06-14, 03:24)Sp00n Wrote: Or should I buy a XS35GTA V2 with the ATI Mobility Radeon HD5430?
I would be very careful if you want to run OpenElec on a Radeon. I've heard a few positive reports lately, but my personal experience with ATI + Linux has been miserable.

Yeah go with nvidia for OE. ATI situation is improving but it's still well behind nvidia.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hello guys,

I've recently bought the XS35GT V2 and i'm running against a lot of networking issue.

First, I have not been able to make the wireless work. I've update the BIOS to 1.04 and tried with both with the wireless option on of OFF...
With the option ON, I see the wlan0 but it is not able to connect to my personal wifi network. with the option OFF, I do not even see the wlan0 when I ipconfig -a

I did not tried any further because LAN was working fine since installation.

This after noon, I tried to make wireless work again. I notice that I previously had install the Realtek driver of a 8192 card (following a XS35 GT xbmc installation guide) but my was a 8188. So thinking the driver was the problem, I intended to reinstall it.

Downloaded the driver on my Windows desktop, start the shuttle, connect with putty in order to install the driver remotly, connect with winscp to transfer the driver to the shuttle.... but transfer failed... got disconnected from shuttle...
Putty session was still active, I saw that I had transfer exactly 4096 bytes...
Restart winscp, try to transfer again after deleting corrupt file... same error.
Try to reconnect a third time, I got timeout...

hit enter a few time on my putty, nothing happens, get disconnected...

plug a USB keyboard on the XS35GT V2, to see what's happening, eth0 has no IP
I reboot, network is not coming online.
ifup eth0 does not work either, so i'm running out of idea....

does any of you guys would know where I should start to dig?

I installed xbmcbuntu 3 days ago....

(2010-10-16, 18:03)heldchen Wrote: for windows, shuttle has included a tool to power on the wlan card. for linux, you really need the new bios.

Can you link or write the name of this tool? I can't seem to find it anywhere. I am running Windows.
Seriously, is anyone with a Shuttle xs35gt V1 getting xbmc to work since eden? (on linux base, windows works) I have many stutters and there is a lot of talk going on at OE that this box cant handle the new nvidia drivers (the cdpau implementation doesnt work with Ion2 too well apparently).
(2012-10-27, 17:53)grouper Wrote: Seriously, is anyone with a Shuttle xs35gt V1 getting xbmc to work since eden? (on linux base, windows works) I have many stutters and there is a lot of talk going on at OE that this box cant handle the new nvidia drivers (the cdpau implementation doesnt work with Ion2 too well apparently).

I have this configuration and yes, stability and performance were all over the place with Eden XBMCbuntu compared to Dharma xbmc live.

Fortunately, things improved a lot since I installed the 280.13 nvidia driver. It's still not as stable as Dharma, which I managed to get rock solid on this hardware, but playback of all media is working smoothly.
For those having problems with wake on lan and the shuttle xs35v3 on ubuntu 12.04 (with kernel 3.2.0-33). Here is what I've done to get it to work on my system:

I have downloaded the latest jme driver version bp-1.0.8.9-noasd from [1].
Next I've reverted all changes done by "jme: Safer MAC processor reset sequence" [2]. This seems to be required because I've found out, that wake on lan is broken on my kernel 2.6.35 (on ubuntu 11.04) starting with this version. All previous versions worked fine on ubuntu 11.04, but can not be compiled for ubuntu 12.04.
For my kernel 3.2 I additionally had to remove the definition of "JME_NEW_PM_API" from jme.h, before compiling the new driver version.

Has anyone found another solution to get wake on lan to work on ubuntu 12.04?

[1] http://bbs.cooldavid.org/git/?p=jme.git;...s/backport
[2] http://bbs.cooldavid.org/git/?p=jme.git;...d6a3a4e430
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS354