• 1(current)
Shuttle XS35
Big GrinXS35 - The world’s smallest 1-liter slim PC with next-generation NVIDIA® ION 2 graphics
The ultra-compact PC platform – XS35 – is only one-third the size of the previous generation slim PC. At just 38.5mm (1.5 inches) thin, the slim design is not only space-saving for projects or applications where space is critical, but it fits easily into any environment with the ability to be mounted behind an LCD TV or LCD monitor. It’s also completely fanless. The internal layout has been meticulously engineered to require no fan, so it’s not only quiet and low in energy use, but also dust-free and virtually maintenance free. Even with the small size, the new XS35 packs in a slim optical drive bay and the next generation NVIDIA® ION graphics with true 1080p HDMI output (optional) for a power-packing slim PC.

has anybody an idea when it will be available in Europe? I am like waiting for ages to have this thing... I think it will be a bomb when i pack it with 4gig of ram and a 120 gig SSD disk... it will make NO NOISE at al...

can't wait to put my hands on itBig Grin
Whens it out?
It's been discussed quite a bit already in the forum

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=5...post531608

Should hopefully be this month..
release at coputec does it mean it comes to the shops ?
I'm waiting on the same news....and how much it will cost.
i asked yesterday the german sales department and they answered me:

Quote:vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage und Ihr Interesse an unseren Produkten.
Leider steht uns derzeit noch kein definitiver Liefertermin zur Verfügung.
Wir rechnen jedoch im Juli mit dem XS35. Sobald es hier eingetroffen ist, wird es an unsere Händler verschickt und wird zeitnah im Handel verfügbar sein.

Für weitere Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gern zur Verfügung.

they told me that they also didnt know when the XS35 will arrive, maybe july...
new system in the house...
july? lets hope
I've been waiting like forever with this thing, but got fed up and bought the foxconn netbox as I don't need an optical drive anyway. still, when the shuttle indeed is silent I might throw the netbox at ebay again...
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:I've been waiting like forever with this thing, but got fed up and bought the foxconn netbox as I don't need an optical drive anyway. still, when the shuttle indeed is silent I might throw the netbox at ebay again...

How is the Foxconn box working out? I found both it and the Zotac with an ION1 for sale cheap and chose the Zotac for various reasons. However I need to possibly build cheap boxes for others as gifts and the Foxconn might work well.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
I'll just leave this here:

http://tv.hexus.net/show/2010/06/Compute...to_an_I_on

Oh what's this?, seems the people from Hexus-TV have been talking to shuttle at computex:

MSRP of 299 USD, upped processor to Intel atom D525 (small speed bump from 1.6Ghz to 1.8Ghz). Also apparently the design has changed slightly (see video below):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC4Nn2IdCpo
BLKMGK Wrote:However I need to possibly build cheap boxes for others as gifts and the Foxconn might work well.

as a cheap barebone the foxconn netbox *might* be ideal, lovely form factor, wlan with antenna, etc etc *but* the fan control is still a slight problem.
with XBMCbuntu it's okay, the fan is really quiet while watching movies and only turns on while in menu or a visualization is running. with windows, it's on full throttle all the time and speedfan crashes in the detection routine.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
What means MSRP?

I think 299$ seems a bit too cheap für a shuttle product. It would be great if we could get this fanless nettop for this price, although the new design is not very stylish anymore Confused
design is no problem for me, i need a box to put behind my TV Nod

and the slightly better performance, still fanless, will do that trick...

i think 299 bugs will be without ram, hdd and operating system.... Shocked

why do they call the system XF35?? maybe a second new system?
new system in the house...
sylvio2000 Wrote:What means MSRP?

I think 299$ seems a bit too cheap für a shuttle product. It would be great if we could get this fanless nettop for this price, although the new design is not very stylish anymore Confused

MSRP = Manufacturer suggested retail price.
@ pico
Yes, you are right, the price will be without hdd, ram and os Sad

@ BORIStheBLADE
Thank you, until now I only knew the german abbreviation for it Wink
But it also means it will be a little cheaper when its available :p
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shuttle XS354