Zotac ION only has one system fan?
I just took a few pictures, but they look blurry up close, and from far away there's not much detail. I didn't resize them so you can see everything.

Everything is hooked up except for the lid of the case.

RAM is secure.

I have two thin orange wires and two multi-colored wires running to the SATA harddrive and SATA DVD drive.

The case fan is plugged into the fan slot next to the front panel USB slot on the mobo. The front panel wires from the case are plugged into the front panel port.

Some weird wire coming from the case is split into AC97 and something else I forget. The other one is the one plugged into the mobo audio header.

The CPU is plugged in properly and the CPU fan starts when I press power.

Any ideas?
Everything looks correct. (I have the same board and case)

What connection are you using for your display, VGA, DVI or HDMI?
I tried the VGA on an LCD tv, and the DVI on my Dell monitor. Neither displays the POST screen. Sad
Ok.

Two things I would try:

1. Clear the CMOS. Right next to where the two orange SATA data cables plug into the motherboard is a small blue jumper. While it's off, remove the blue jumper for about 15 seconds and then put it back on. This will make sure everything is at factory settings. Power on again and check for video.

2. (If that doesn't work) Uninstall the second RAM module. You'll have to remove the DVD drive to access it, and it's probably best to just keep it out until you've got this figured out. If there's still no video, take out the first RAM module, and place the one you removed earlier into the first slot. Try again.
Okay, trying now...

Thanks for the suggestions.

*crosses fingers*
I don't see/understand what you mean by blue jumper. Do you mean this tiny blue plastic cap?
^ Yep, that's it.

Actually, one small edit for Suggestion #1 I posted. On the board, the blue jumper should be shorting two pins. Is there a third pin right next to it?

If so, instead of just removing the blue jumper, you have to shift it over one pin (so instead of shorting pin #1 and #2, it's shorting pin #2 and #3). Leave it like that for 15 seconds, and then put it back.

Sorry, been a while since I've opened mine, I forgot what the pin configuration is like.

whatever this blue cap is, I just removed it and I'm not sure how to put it back. There are three prongs and I'm not sure which one it came off of.
Yep, that's the jumper. And ok, so there are three pins.

Assuming you're staring at the board so that the RAM slots are on the Right, place the cap on the Center (pin #2) and Right (pin #3) pins. With the board off, leave it like that for 15 seconds. After, put the cap back on the Left (pin #1) and Center (pin #2) pins.
okay, I'm sliding it around to different pins. No luck.
Tilted Wrote:okay, I'm sliding it around to different pins. No luck.

Ok, make sure it's on pin 1 and 2 (left and center) and try my second suggestion with the RAM.
just switched the ram, and tried one stick at a time. The screen is blank.
Does the board emit any beeps when you power it on?
No.
There aren't even any beeps when I remove both RAMs, which is odd isn't it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION only has one system fan?0