Zotac ION only has one system fan?
Normally, yes. But, perhaps not...

I just dug mine out from my theater setup and cracked it open... It doesn't have an on-board speaker :rolleyes2: So basically, no way to see if there's any POST errors. Grr.
I'm not sure what my next step is, other than returning it. There is only a replacement policy for this, no refund. So if they send another board of the same type and the same thing happens, I will go mad.

Is there anything other than a bad mobo that can cause a blank POST screen? The monitor and the cord are fine.
Seems like there's two other reviews on Newegg saying they got dead-on-arrival boards as well, with the same symptoms as you.

I've had no problems at all with mine though, it's a fantastic board! So if you do return it, I'm sure the replacement will be fine.

As for further diagnostics, normally I would recommend reseating the graphics card and CPU, but considering they're soldered right into the board, that's somewhat out of the question Tongue

With a keyboard plugged in, as soon as you press the power button, press and hold the Delete key and see if the BIOS loads up. If not, perhaps try unplugging everything that isn't necessary. Unplug the orange SATA data cables and unplug the SATA power cable right from the motherboard. Remove the RAM, etc.

Basically, leave nothing but the power cord and video cable (VGA or DVI, whatever one you're using now).

If you still get no video, I'd say the board is defective.
I actually tried those suggestions before posting here. I guess that settles it. Sad

Thanks a million for your responses though. You helped me to rule out everything else.
Ah well, better luck with the replacement!

Let us know how it goes once you get it.
I finally got the replacement. Just set it up and..... no boot screen. Swapped ram, tried to start without any drives installed, nothing.

This is ridiculous.

How is there no refund policy for defective products? I have to keep spending money on shipping until they send a working mobo. This is driving me crazy.
I just spoke to Newegg. They're going to offer a refund for store credit. Now I have to find another motherboard in the same price range. I thought Zotac ION's were supposed to be the best for HTPC's. Sad
I sent back all of the HTPC items a week ago, finally got the store credit, and went to buy the Revo....

*drumroll*

They're out of stock!

LOL

I have to laugh to keep myself from crying.
damn sorry for you bad luck, I have the same case and the Zotac Ionitx-G Synergy mobo kingston ram and just got it up and running tonight zero issues at all.

best of luck with the Revo

-=Jason=-

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zotac ION only has one system fan?0