Hiding Contents of video_ts Folder
Hi Folks,

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find an answer. I have been searching the forums for awhile now.

I would like to rip my physical DVDs so that I can have a digital library on my network (stored on my WHS - streamed to my XBMC / Win7 box). I would prefer to rip the DVDs as straight data (video_ts) vs. a series of .ISO files.

When I rip them as .ISOs (for testing purposes) everything works great. I see one entry in XBMC, I click it and it plays.

When I rip them as straight data I see multiple entries in XBMC.

What I would like to do is rip as straight data and have the top level folder (i.e. "movie name" in the following structure: movie name/video_ts/...) play the DVD when I click on it. Is this possible or am I doomed to clicking through a series of folders and being presented with all the files in the video_ts folder showing up as copies of my DVD?

Thanks.
Turn on stacking.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Hello Autumn Walker and welcome to the forums,

I'd add to jmarshall's answer an addendum, if you have no clue what stacking is or does, you'd enjoy reading;

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:Hello Autumn Walker and welcome to the forums,

I'd add to jmarshall's answer an addendum, if you have no clue what stacking is or does, you'd enjoy reading;

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Stacking

After having read everything I can find about this subject I still can't figure out a couple of things:

1) where do I turn on filestacking? can't find in guisettings and only regex in advancedsettings. Is it always "on" but subject to moviestackingregexes in advancedsettings?

2) How this solves the problem at hand, Viewing a video_ts folder's movie with one-click?

Thanks for your help everyone.
|-<:)
xbmchead Wrote:After having read everything I can find about this subject I still can't figure out a couple of things:

1) where do I turn on filestacking? can't find in guisettings and only regex in advancedsettings. Is it always "on" but subject to moviestackingregexes in advancedsettings?

2) How this solves the problem at hand, Viewing a video_ts folder's movie with one-click?

Thanks for your help everyone.
|-<Smile

Very simple,

1) you have to go on the floating (hidden by default) left screen menu (either by going on the left edge with the mouse cursor or hitting the "left" arrow key to show it with the keyboard), the option is there (highlighted = on, not highlighted = off). Of course this is file list mode (not library whereas stacking is active every time while scrapping)

2) it solves the problem because stacking will just leave one file visible which is the 1st video_ts file (it will automatically append the following ones thus resulting having only a single file which is click playable)

hope this helps Smile
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
dondre Wrote:Very simple,

1) you have to go on the floating (hidden by default) left screen menu (either by going on the left edge with the mouse cursor or hitting the "left" arrow key to show it with the keyboard), the option is there (highlighted = on, not highlighted = off). Of course this is file list mode (not library whereas stacking is active every time while scrapping)

2) it solves the problem because stacking will just leave one file visible which is the 1st video_ts file (it will automatically append the following ones thus resulting having only a single file which is click playable)

hope this helps :)

Awesome, that was VERY helpful, I never would have found that on my own.
This works perfectly and my video list is now WAY cleaner.
Thanks so much for your help.

|-<:)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hiding Contents of video_ts Folder0