Web Interface - HTML parsing script tags
I recently built XBMC from SVN (my last build was a few months old) and the Web Interface stopped working. By "stopped working" I mean some pages look normal, some look like I have an empty library, and clicking on items on any page takes me to Now Playing without actually queuing the item (or in the case of control buttons on Now Playing, nothing happens at all).

I looked at the error console in firefox and it was reporting some undefined javascript functions (CallPlay most predominant). I looked at the page source and saw that the functions were indeed defined. However, the script tag above said functions are closed XHTML style, which doesn't parse well (tried firefox 3.6 and chromuim).

Example:

<script type="text/javascript" src="json.js" />
<script type="text/javascript">
function CallPlay(movieid) {

Unless the web devs are planning to use html 5 or something, I think it should be this:

<script type="text/javascript" src="json.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
function CallPlay(movieid) {

Patched all html files, and web interface is working for me again.
Hmm, well tbh I am no web developer so I just assumed that was correct Smile

Please cook up a patch and post a ticket, you can cc me if you want.

cheers,
Tobias
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Patch 9333 submitted to bug tracker. topfs2 has already kindly committed to SVN

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Web Interface - HTML parsing script tags0