differences between imdb and moviedb - skinning problem
I'm running into a bit of trouble skinning because of a difference between the imdb and moviedb scrapers regarding movie duration.

The moviedb scraper outputs the duration in numbers only, so I feel I have to give the duration info label a suffix like "minutes" or "min"
No biggie in itself, except that the imdb scraper output has "min" already attached. And of course often times extra information for different countries.
So I can't attach "min" after that because, that would look silly. There is no way I can make the infolabel conditional based on the selected scraper.

So, any chance the moviedb scraper's output can be adjusted so "min" is appended to the duration output?
Yeah, ideally we should just scrape the numeric duration and provide the unit as a localized string. Mind creating a new feature request ticket for this?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Sure, ticket added
Thanks Smile
IIRC there's some code in StringUtils to take care of the "min" thing that imdb adds. It should ideally be normalized in the database, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

FYI, r30825 takes care of that one. I've also updated most of the scrapers to reflect recent changes.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
sweet Smile thanks a lot!
You're welcome. Note, there's still an issue with stacked files that i am working on atm.
Just wanted to 2x check...

You guys are also stripping the extra info out of .nfo's? I was wondering how we(skinners) would deal with people who use Ember...

On 30851 I just noticed all my runtimes which were scrapped using Ember used to show:
1 hrs and 44 mins
now show:

So no matter what people use, internal or external scrappers, we will now just get the duration outputted in minutes only?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:Just wanted to 2x check...

You guys are also stripping the extra info out of .nfo's? I was wondering how we(skinners) would deal with people who use Ember...

On 30851 I just noticed all my runtimes which were scrapped using Ember used to show:
1 hrs and 44 mins
now show:

So no matter what people use, internal or external scrappers, we will now just get the duration outputted in minutes only?

true, xbmc itself now determines the length of the video and ignores any duration info provided by scrapers as well as .nfo files.

in your skin, just add $LOCALIZE[12391] if you want the 'Minutes' string back.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
mcborzu Wrote:Just wanted to 2x check...

1 hrs and 44 mins
now show:

It seems so, but if, I think its for the better, because it makes it unified. Maybe a possibility in skinning to ouput as minutes or hours and minutes could be implemented?
The skinner can already do that.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

jmarshall Wrote:The skinner can already do that.

How can I specify it to show 1 hr 33 min instead of 93...

ronie Wrote:in your skin, just add $LOCALIZE[12391] if you want the 'Minutes' string back.
Wink
The way I interpreted JM's response was there is a way like so:

ListItem.duration returns 93

and

ListItem.durationhrmin returns 1 hr and 33 min

Sort of like there is ListItem.Cast and ListItem.CastandRole

ListItem.Duration(HH:MM) doesn't work?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
differences between imdb and moviedb - skinning problem0