[Mac Mini] Audio Output Question
I recently purchased a second audio output for my Mac Mini (a USB sound card which registers as another audio device) since my Mac Mini's only audio output is being used by the toslink digital cable which runs to my reciver.
I don't always want to turn on my surround sound receiver everytime I want to watch something, especially late at night, so my hope was this second sound card would send a second audio signal to my TV's speakers.

This does work, I get the menu sounds regardless of audio device selected, and if selected in the audio settings the 2nd audio output will do all sound fine on the TV speakers. However the first device and second device will not output sound together, only the selected device will.

Has anybody found a way to either use two audio devices at once, or found a quick way to switch audio output devices without having to go into the settings? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
shadd22 Wrote:I recently purchased a second audio output for my Mac Mini (a USB sound card which registers as another audio device) since my Mac Mini's only audio output is being used by the toslink digital cable which runs to my reciver.
I don't always want to turn on my surround sound receiver everytime I want to watch something, especially late at night, so my hope was this second sound card would send a second audio signal to my TV's speakers.

This does work, I get the menu sounds regardless of audio device selected, and if selected in the audio settings the 2nd audio output will do all sound fine on the TV speakers. However the first device and second device will not output sound together, only the selected device will.

Has anybody found a way to either use two audio devices at once, or found a quick way to switch audio output devices without having to go into the settings? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nope, OSX does not work this way. You pick the output device, you get audio out of it. All other output devices are muted.
Ok I understand that. So would there be a way then to change my output device without having to navigate through the settings everytime? Say, add a script or something in my favorites menu to toggle my available devices when I want to switch?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac Mini] Audio Output Question0