german umlaute and special chars => get films into DB
Hello together,

I have the following folders in my library, mounted from an ext3 NAS drive via SMB share
Code:
\TEST\FILME\2012\film.iso
\TEST\FILME\GRASGEFLÜSTER\film.iso
\TEST\FILME\TÖTET MRS. TINGLE\film.iso
\TEST\FILME\TIGER & DRAGON\film.iso
\TEST\FILME\X-MEN\film.iso
If I just browse the library, I find every film and can scrape some infos. If I switch to DB-mode, all folders with umlaute and specail chars are gone, they are not listed.
What should I do to get them listed in DB-mode as well?

Regards,

Eisbahn
Set the right charset, or alternively, a thing that always works : NEVER use space, accent or special characters in a file or folder name !
Where do I have to set the charset and which charset? The charset which is used by the ext3/smb share, the charset of the HTPC which is running XBMC, the charset of the scraper, the charset which the scraper scrapes... And what chrset is used?
Restriction of blanks, Umlaute in foldernames... results in work which needs to be done by hand. First at ripping the discs to ISOs (checking foldername and correct it by hand) and second at scraping by typing the real movie name. Thats not an option...
Please pastebin a complete debug log of a session showing the scrape attempts.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
for me solved after checking fstab and playing a bit with SSH on the NAS. Feel free to test the result: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=75121

Regards,

Eisbahn

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
german umlaute and special chars => get films into DB0