[ATV/Ubuntu] can't get proper output from "aplay -l" alsa driver config
I am having similar problems here!!!

I have no IEC958 1 option only IEC958 which I have unmuted....

aplay -l gives me...

Quote:**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC882 Analog [ALC882 Analog]
Subdevices: 0/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC882 Digital [ALC882 Digital]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

I've also, more annoyingly, got a green-tinted screen. Have tried changing to RGB High but not difference. Will try the other colour types...
Tried the Y/Pb/Pr (component?) colour and got a slight improvement - but now it seems to have a slight shade of purple. Funny colouring! Going to try RGB Low but i'm sure this isn't my problem.
stick with rgb high or w/e yo guys want. then recompile alsa.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:stick with rgb high or w/e yo guys want. then recompile alsa.

That did it for me, but I realised while I was redoing the Alsa step how stupid I was being. Blush

I copied and pasted directly from the HOWTO but the kernel i'm running is 2.6.24-28-generic! The HOWTO is 2.6.24-27-generic!

Recompiled with the correct kernel and hey presto
the first time i installed ubuntu on the atv, my HDMI color setting in frontrow was set to auto, and I had no problem setting up the ALSA driver. in fact as soon as I unmuted IEC958 1 the screen turned from pink to normal coloring.

i have changed to YPbPR in frontrow, rebooted into linux, completely re-done the instructions:

sudo apt-get install linux-sound-base alsa-utils build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`
wget ftp://ftp.alsa-project.org/pub/driver/al...19.tar.bz2
tar xfj alsa-driver-1.0.19.tar.bz2
cd alsa-driver-1.0.19
# alsa-driver package installs in /lib/modules/'uname -r'/kernel/sound by default
# but ubuntu has the alsa drivers in /lib/modules/'uname -r'/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver
# so give the ubuntu directory
./configure --with-moddir=/lib/modules/2.6.24-28-generic/ubuntu/sound/alsa-driver
make
sudo make install
cd

but I still can't get the proper output when I do "aplay -l" there is no 3rd device listed. help please.
Did you guys ever figure this out? I am running into the same issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV/Ubuntu] can't get proper output from "aplay -l" alsa driver config0