Audio Sync issue with DVDs ripped with MakeMKV
Hi all,

I have a strange audio sync issue with ripped dvds using MakeMKV.

I'm using MakeMKV to ripped Dvds to a MKV package (with subs and chapters).

Hardware:-
Acer Revo 3610 ION
4Gb RAM
1 Gig network
Video files are stored on a Synology DS410j (over gig network) Raid5+1.
Running multiple Revos with XBMC 9.11 LIVE and XBMC installed with minimal Ubuntu both are showing same issue.

Ok so the issue is "some" ripped DVDs lose audio sync after about 10 mins (chapter jumps seem to rectify this but 10mins later it goes out of sync again). Some rips seem to play fine??

I know others have had the same issue but no clear answers have been found .
Not sure why this is happening or how I can resolve it.
I have about 10 Acer revo's (friends and family).

Any advice would be great, I rather (hope) not to have to re-encode and 400 dvds!

Cheers

Fliposide.
Hey Flip, did you find a solution to this? Im having the same issue. Below is a description of my problem. What mkv files are you having issues with?

System specs:
C2D E8500, 4gb, Nvidia 9300 IGP (i730 chipset), outputting to a 23" LCD via 15-pin vga
Win7 x64

Problem: Okay I recently used MakeMKV to make files out of Family Guy dvd's and Chappelle's Show dvd's. When I play the Family Guy episodes as the video is playing the audio gets out of sync. Now when I playback Chappelle's Show episode everything plays just fine. Theyre both pretty much the same as far as fps etc the only difference I see is that Family Guy is 6 channels instead of chappelle's show's 2. Ive also played the Family Guy mkv's in MPC and it doesnt go out of sync at all. I then tried The Simpsons and that one played fine. All three shows were ripped the same way with MakeMKV. One thing I do notice on the Family Guys eps is that I do get the horizontal lines (interlaced) when playing back I dont know if that might have anything to do with it, but I made the change in the OSD to de-interlace and that helped with that.

Ive tried messing with the audio delay but it'll eventually to out of sync again. Its just wierd that so far its been only the family guy eps and only while on xbmc (not mpc). Any thoughts or suggestions?

Family Guy:

Chappelle's Show:

The Simpsons:
I've never been able to get MakeMKV to rip any of my DVDs without them losing audio sync at some point, so I just started creating .ISOs.

I tried ripping 3 different movies and they all eventually went out of sync. Sometimes it took awhile before they went out of sync though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio Sync issue with DVDs ripped with MakeMKV0