XBMC remote question
Hi XBMC is great but I have one little bugger. When pressing the "clear" button on the remote control during movie playback, the movie selection menu is displayed again while the movie keeps playing. How can I resume watching the movie, making the menu disappear again?? I can't seem to get out of that menu again... both the back and clear buttons take me even further back up to the main menu...

Also, how can you get back into the movie with only the keyboard?

Please help!

By the way I have an ASRock Core 100 machine running windows 7 with a ASRock TSGV-IR01 remote and followed these instructions.
To get back to the film you need to press Tab.

Unfortunately with most remotes none of the buttons send a Tab keypress. However with an MS remote you can configure a button to press tab, or with an MCE remote you can modify the keyboard.xml to execute the "FullScreen" action in response to your selected keypress.

In your case the remote is a full MS compatible so you can modify Remote-XBMC.reg to send a Tab keypress. For example the line you need to make the Red button send a Tab is:

Code:
5B,00,00,00,04,00,2b,\ ; Red    - sends Tab

JR
Hi, that was the only modification I made to the reg file that is in the mceremote zip file which is downloadable here: http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/. I changed the "clear" key to send a tab instead of an escape.
I tweaked the rest of the keymappings with LMRemote, using the KeyPressTo action, and the keyboard actions as explained here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Global_Keyboard

So thanks for your help! Maybe other ASRock users have some help with this info, because it took me quite some hours to figure out how to do correctly tweak the ASRock remote control for XBMC.
Is there really no standard remote button to take you back to the film?

I find it hard to believe that it can only be done via <TAB>.

-Wes
try the fullscreen button.
zilexa Wrote:try the fullscreen button.

Fullscreen button? None of the remote controls I've tested have a fullscreen button.

waldo22: in the PC remote control world the only thing remotely like standard is the Microsoft remote control: http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Remote_Contr...te_Control. This doesn't have a button that would be an obvious candidate for the Fullscreen action (i.e. the same as pressing Tab).

JR
Quote:Quote:
Originally Posted by zilexa
try the fullscreen button.

Fullscreen button? None of the remote controls I've tested have a fullscreen button.

On MCE remote: I think "Teletext"
vikjon0 Wrote:On MCE remote: I think "Teletext"

Some models of the Microsoft remote have a teletext button and some don't. A quick survey of the various MCE clone remotes out there suggests that most do not have the Teletext button.

It had occured to me that the Teletext button would be a good candidate to send a Tab (since it's labelled "T" and there isn't any other obvious XBMC function for it) but too few remotes have this button for it to be useful.

JR
Quote:Some models of the Microsoft remote have a teletext button and some don't. A quick survey of the various MCE clone remotes out there suggests that most do not have the Teletext button.

It had occured to me that the Teletext button would be a good candidate to send a Tab (since it's labelled "T" and there isn't any other obvious XBMC function for it) but too few remotes have this button for it to be useful.

okidoki, but my point was that I think teletext does this
Quote:Is there really no standard remote button to take you back to the film?

already out of the box in 911Live. Unless it was only back to now playing in music. Cant test right now.
Earlier I mentioned using the reg hack to use the clear button to send a Tab keypress instead. This only works when I reboot, but when rebooting again, it does not work anymore... apparently the registry setting does not stick.
So now I use the Teletext button (most bottom key on the ASRock remote control) to send a Tab keypress instead (using LM Remote). Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC remote question1