• 11(current)
CrystalHD & current SVN builds of XBMC?
Okay, last question, i promise Wink My ATV runs fine so far.. 1080p and sometimes 720p stutters but nothing special (okay 1080p is not thaaat good). I am running the latest software updates with atv flash. Crystal HD installed and activated.

I guess i already would have detected anything that might point to a defective card right? Or is there any specific way how i can see if my card is defective (is there a testvideo or anything like that that will show me if its okay or not?)

Edit: In other words: Do card with defective ram fail or do they act as normal but wont perform as good as a normal card?
noreason4nothin Wrote:Okay, last question, i promise Wink My ATV runs fine so far.. 1080p and sometimes 720p stutters but nothing special (okay 1080p is not thaaat good). I am running the latest software updates with atv flash. Crystal HD installed and activated.

I guess i already would have detected anything that might point to a defective card right? Or is there any specific way how i can see if my card is defective (is there a testvideo or anything like that that will show me if its okay or not?)

Edit: In other words: Do card with defective ram fail or do they act as normal but wont perform as good as a normal card?

If your card was defective, it would not work at all. Period. There is no 1/2 way. It either works or it does not.
JeanLuc7 Wrote:Same here. Don't know if the MKV-file also contains an M2TS container, but here ist the media info file again (for "Inside Man")

Media Info

Just to remind this: Yesterday I installed the 3.x driver on my Mac mini and tried to play two recently ripped 1080p movies, both with the VC-1 codec. Still i get only 3-4 fps with the Broadcom HD support (with 10-20% cpu load), while h264 coded videos play smoothly with 24fps. Is this still on the list or will it remain as an unfixed issue?

The same VC-1 movie with software decoding only plays with 120% cpu load but 20-24 fps...

Thanks in advance,
JL
JeanLuc7 Wrote:Just to remind this: Yesterday I installed the 3.x driver on my Mac mini and tried to play two recently ripped 1080p movies, both with the VC-1 codec. Still i get only 3-4 fps with the Broadcom HD support (with 10-20% cpu load), while h264 coded videos play smoothly with 24fps. Is this still on the list or will it remain as an unfixed issue?

The same VC-1 movie with software decoding only plays with 120% cpu load but 20-24 fps...

Thanks in advance,
JL

It's working fine with all video content that the crystalhd handles. MacMini 1.6GHz, CoreDuo. OSX 10.5.8.
davilla Wrote:It's working fine with all video content that the crystalhd handles. MacMini 1.6GHz, CoreDuo. OSX 10.5.8.

OK, thank you - so is there something wrong with my rips? I remember you said the crystalhd supports VC-1 on a Mac?
JeanLuc7 Wrote:OK, thank you - so is there something wrong with my rips? I remember you said the crystalhd supports VC-1 on a Mac?

Not a clue until you pastebin some logs Smile
I am sorry, I did not check that my old Logs were not accessible anymore.

Here are some new ones:
XBMC Log
Media Info "Green Zone"

The XMBC Log contains the first seconds of the movie.

Thank you.
JeanLuc7 Wrote:I am sorry, I did not check that my old Logs were not accessible anymore.

Here are some new ones:
XBMC Log
Media Info "Green Zone"

The XBMC Log contains the first seconds of the movie.

Thank you.

Grrrr, another 10.6.4 system. I see audio having problem. Try different audio settings.
I just installed a fresh SL System on an external HD. The frame rate is still at 4fps and the audio errors are the same. I remember from other threads that only Mac minis with nVidia 9400M were affected with this 10.6.4 problem. Mine is a GMA950.

I think, I do not have many options to change the audio settings. I use analogue output with a 2.1 JBL attached to a 3.5mm plug. The settings in the systems/audio tab are rare - if i change to HDMI or Coax the slow frame rate insists (of course the sound has gone then). The movie itself contains only 5.1 sound.

I use exactly the same settings with other movies in h264. Only those with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile have this issue.

XBM Log 10.6.0
Hello!

First let me congratulate every one on the hard work they have done implementign the CrystalHD and bringing XBMC so far!

Second I know one should never change a running system unless there is something terribly wrong! But I did it anyway (wanted a new version of XBMC and CrystalHD driver)!

Yesterday as mentioned above I installed the new CrystalHD kext and Firmware for the google repository. And the nightly build rev. 33240. And then a lot of problems started to come up!

I have a Macbook with following configuration and Software:

Darwin macbook.fritz.box 10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:58:09 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.3.12~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12
A CrystalHD I think the first model 70012

Problem description:
About 1 minute after launching XBMC the computer gets awfully hot and the CPU cooler revs up to its max. setting around 6050 RPM. And the temperatures reported by smcFancontroller are around 79 to 83 degrees Celsius. And that is without even watching anything! Just launching XBMC.

Solutions already tried.
1) AppZapp all of XBMC including all Sources! (that seemed to help a little, the new release was trying to read all of the entries and trying to refresh them and that made the GUI slow and sometimes unresponsiv)
2) Removed all Kexts, bin and dylib of the Broadcom CrystalHD.
3) Tried all of the available nightly builds.

Currently i have the rev. 33300.

The version I had before must have been from around may regretably I didn't back up that version and I don't have the dmg around anymore. Also I used to have the BCM drivr version 1.00.

CrystaldHD console output: http://pastebin.com/zkGuk6WR
XBMC.log output: http://pastebin.com/q32gvCQL

In the news section I read something about the a new branch in july!
What did change in the meantime since may that makes the gui use so much CPU?
What can I do to bring it to normal operating temperatures again?

Thanks in advance!
SmAnIaC
SmAnIaC Wrote:Hello!

First let me congratulate every one on the hard work they have done implementign the CrystalHD and bringing XBMC so far!

Second I know one should never change a running system unless there is something terribly wrong! But I did it anyway (wanted a new version of XBMC and CrystalHD driver)!

Yesterday as mentioned above I installed the new CrystalHD kext and Firmware for the google repository. And the nightly build rev. 33240. And then a lot of problems started to come up!

I have a Macbook with following configuration and Software:

Darwin macbook.fritz.box 10.3.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.3.0: Fri Feb 26 11:58:09 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.3.12~1/RELEASE_I386 i386
Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core Duo
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 2 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MB11.0061.B03
SMC Version (system): 1.4f12
A CrystalHD I think the first model 70012

Problem description:
About 1 minute after launching XBMC the computer gets awfully hot and the CPU cooler revs up to its max. setting around 6050 RPM. And the temperatures reported by smcFancontroller are around 79 to 83 degrees Celsius. And that is without even watching anything! Just launching XBMC.

Solutions already tried.
1) AppZapp all of XBMC including all Sources! (that seemed to help a little, the new release was trying to read all of the entries and trying to refresh them and that made the GUI slow and sometimes unresponsiv)
2) Removed all Kexts, bin and dylib of the Broadcom CrystalHD.
3) Tried all of the available nightly builds.

Currently i have the rev. 33300.

The version I had before must have been from around may regretably I didn't back up that version and I don't have the dmg around anymore. Also I used to have the BCM drivr version 1.00.

CrystaldHD console output: http://pastebin.com/zkGuk6WR
XBMC.log output: http://pastebin.com/q32gvCQL

In the news section I read something about the a new branch in july!
What did change in the meantime since may that makes the gui use so much CPU?
What can I do to bring it to normal operating temperatures again?

Thanks in advance!
SmAnIaC

in console.log (dmesg will be cleaner output) :

Quote:kernel *ERR*:/Users/davilla/Documents/crystalhd-for-osx/trunk/crystalhd/driver/darwin/crystalhd_cmds.c:91: Link invalid state 3
Not good.

kextstat to show that your driver (kext) does match libcrystalhd version. You should be using 3.6.0 for driver/lib/firmware.
My problem with the 700012 was that movies with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile are at 4fps - much slower than with software decoding.

Davilla warned about updating Mac minis to 10.6.4. I just installed a fresh SL 10.6.0 System on an external HD. The frame rate is still at 4fps and the audio errors are the same. I remember from other threads that only Mac minis with nVidia 9400M were affected with this 10.6.4 problem. Mine is a GMA950.

Also Davilla mentioned to change the audio settings regarding some audio errors in my log file. I use analogue output with a 2.1 JBL attached to a 3.5mm plug. The settings in the systems/audio tab are rare - if i change to HDMI or Coax the slow frame rate insists (of course the sound has gone then). The movie itself contains only 5.1 sound.

I use exactly the same settings with other movies in h264. Only those with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile have this issue. So what am I doing wrong here?

XBM Log 10.6.0

Thx, JL7
JeanLuc7 Wrote:My problem with the 700012 was that movies with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile are at 4fps - much slower than with software decoding.

Davilla warned about updating Mac minis to 10.6.4. I just installed a fresh SL 10.6.0 System on an external HD. The frame rate is still at 4fps and the audio errors are the same. I remember from other threads that only Mac minis with nVidia 9400M were affected with this 10.6.4 problem. Mine is a GMA950.

Also Davilla mentioned to change the audio settings regarding some audio errors in my log file. I use analogue output with a 2.1 JBL attached to a 3.5mm plug. The settings in the systems/audio tab are rare - if i change to HDMI or Coax the slow frame rate insists (of course the sound has gone then). The movie itself contains only 5.1 sound.

I use exactly the same settings with other movies in h264. Only those with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile have this issue. So what am I doing wrong here?

XBM Log 10.6.0

Thx, JL7

"SVN:33300" that was last nighties before the beta series. Try again with beta3 (http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/osx/). Also you don't say which crystalhd driver/lib version and I can only see in xbmc.log that you are running some version that uses the new API (CrystalHD(new API): device opened).
JeanLuc7 Wrote:My problem with the 700012 was that movies with VC1 and the AP@L3 codec profile are at 4fps - much slower than with software decoding.

XBM Log 10.6.0

Thx, JL7

What container is the video in? Are they MKVs? Reason I ask is that I have issues with VC1 videos inside MKV containers. If I use tsMuxer to mux it into an m2ts file, they play flawlessly. h.264 videos inside MKVs play just fine for me.

I got that idea of muxing into an m2ts file from this post:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=6...post611535
Sad 
Please Davilla, with this error is because a worng version of layout?, Do you recommend me to change the layout?, where I could find it the right one?. Thanks in advance. gonsito @ g m a i l .com:

bash-2.05b# dmesg | grep -i crystal
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtart
crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Link
Starting Crystal HD Device
Stopping Crystal HD Device
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.
crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Link
Starting Crystal HD Device
BroadcomCrystalHD opened
crystalhd_link_download_fw entered
crystalhd_link_do_fw_cmd entered
Stopping Crystal HD Device
BroadcomCrystalHD closed

bash-2.05b# kextstat | grep crystalhd
77 0 0x305aa000 0x18000 0x17000 com.broadcom.crystalhd.driver (3.6.0) <5 4 3 2>

bash-2.05b# grep -i crystal /Users/frontrow/Library/Logs/xbmc.log
20:58:40 T:2684407808 DEBUG: SECTION:LoadDLL(libcrystalhd.dylib)
20:58:40 T:2684407808 DEBUG: Loading: libcrystalhd.dylib
20:59:03 T:2684407808 DEBUG: CrystalHD: device open failed , returning(0xa)
20:59:03 T:2684407808 DEBUG: CrystalHD: broadcom crystal hd not found
20:59:33 T:2684407808 DEBUG: SECTION:UnloadDelayed(DLL: libcrystalhd.dylib)
20:59:33 T:2684407808 DEBUG: Unloading: libcrystalhd.dylib
bash-2.05b#
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CrystalHD & current SVN builds of XBMC?0