Is there a way to make XBMC start when a disc is inserted?
Hi, I'm new to XBMC and think it's superb, there's just a few little niggles that I'd like to sort out. I've searched for an answer to this but can't seem to find an answer specific to what I want.

Is there a way to start XBMC from Windows when a disc is inserted? I can't find any way to add XBMC to the Windows autoplay options, I'd like to be able to open XBMC by double clicking on an MKV or an AVI file too. My HTPC also gets used as a PC as well, XBMC isn't running all the time, so if the Wife and kids could just put a dvd in the drive and XBMC loaded up automatically instead of it loading up Powerdvd, that'd be great. Maybe I'm asking a bit much, I don't know, I just thought it a little bit odd that's it not in my Windows autoplay options.

I'm using Visa SP1 and XBMC 9.11 r26017, and my disc drive is an LG GGW-H20L. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.
I believe TweakUI can customise the Autoplay menu. I'm not sure if TweakUI is still supported by Microsoft, but a quick Google suggests it is still available.

XBMC isn't a media player, so it doesn't have an option to play an AVI by double-clicking it. You could associate XBMC with .avi or .mkv, but this would only start XBMC when you double-clicked the file, it would not start XBMC then start playing the file.

JR
Ok, thanks. I've crossed over from Vista media centre, which does do this, I was just thinking maybe XBMC could do the same somehow. I can live without it, XBMC is still far better even without that feature.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to make XBMC start when a disc is inserted?0