[Live] Sudden audio problem
Hi all.

I am experiencing a strange audio problem with XBMC Live (latest version). The problem relates only to PCM audio.

System : ASROCK 330, connected to Sony amp via SPDIF.

The system has been running perfectly for many months. I installed LIVE to the hard drive as soon as 9.11 was released. Had no audio problems at all until tonight!

Tried to play a tv show with 2 channel PCM stereo, but no audio was routed to the amp. AC3 and DTS audio works fine over the SPDIF despite the sudden silence for PCM.

Opened a terminal and looked at alsamixer. Interestingly PCM audio channel is displayed, and I can adjust the level of it. However there is no [00] in green at the bottom. Pressing 'm' does not do anything either. I don't think the channel is muted, it seems not to be active at all.

Oddly enough this exact problem cropped up when I was running 9.04 on a USB stick. I managed to get pcm audio working through making an asoundrc file but that isn't working this time. I don't think I have found the exact info to put in the .asoundrc file. Previously when I had got it working again, the PCM audio did quit again. Thats when I installed to the Hard Drive. After a few months on the hard drive, I lost the PCM audio again! A fresh install brought it back.

So now that this has happened several times I'm getting a bit frustrated and am looking for a permanent solution to this issue! I had thought 9.11 had sorted it out but alas, after 6 months PCM audio is gone again.

What does it mean that the [00] is missing in alsamixer?
How can I get the audio back?

Thanks in advance....
Rob
Sad 
No ideas on this one?

I am still trying to figure out what would cause it to change after so many months of perfect service. Why would the PCM audio suddenly be completely gone? Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Live] Sudden audio problem0