new to xbmc... question about local meta info
Hi everyone,

I am thinking of making the switch to XBMC from media browser. A few things are confusing me about adding media to my library. When I add a source and set the content, it seems the only way for the media to show up in my library is if I scan the new media. The problem is that I would like to use local meta info stored with my media that i gather from ember media manager. When I scan the new source to get it to show up in the library, it downloads the info from the internet.

Is there a way to scan my new media source without scraping the internet?

Sorry if i'm being stupid and missing something obvious. Thanks in advance for any help.
Yes and no. While you have to pick a scraper, Xbmc should only scrape the remote site if it doesn't find an nfo file as any local meta data from nfo files is supposed to take priority.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
That's what I thought was supposed to happen. I set up my movie collection based on the examples in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50120. It is still downloading new fanarts and posters.
what build of xbmc are you using? fanart scraping has been broke in most of the latest nightly builds.
Is the artwork different or is it your just getting the downloading notification because that's normal even if your using local artwork, it always says downloading

I wouldn't go by that link you only really need movie.tbn and fanart.jpg

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
new to xbmc... question about local meta info0