Launcher-Any linux progs
Actually a few questions, will be brief as possible:

The ONLY instructions I can find pertaining to launcher is for emus and firefox. I'm not so interested in firefox, but rather skype. I'd like to find instructions for creating symlinks in general. Or is there an easier way of launching other linux apps from within xbmc?

Second - If I make changes to a live version on a usb stick, tweak it to the way I want, when I install to my HDD, will those settings be transferred with it? That would be optimal for me.

Last question - Write permissions to network drives through samba. When trying to use a dvd ripping script, I was unable to rip to a network drive. I haven't been able to find any info in allowing those permissions.... I want to set up sabnzbd as well, but want everything to extract to my network share. I'm not sure yet if this write access problem will pop up in doing so.

Any suggestions or fingers in the right direction would be great. Thanks!
Create 3 different threads.

Question number one: One would guess that you could do that by replacing "firefox" with "skype" in the instruction. You don't need a link. Look for a guide that use a script.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71664

BUT if you need skype it is probably better for you to install xbmc in an ubuntu desktop instead.

If you want to learn about links generally I think this is a bad place.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launcher-Any linux progs0