• 4(current)
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)
paul Wrote:As for being able to use your own avatar gamer picture on the home screen this is possible i think, i will look into this later ...

Hej, guys what are you talking about? Which avatar and where? I wonder because only what I think is the avatar in right top corner wich is already available in Xperience 1.1 and picture is taken from profile avatar.
AsRock 330 HT, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, Openelec 3.2.4
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
to get the image you need this code and just place is in a .py file then tell the skin to load it, then its a matter of just loading the downloaded image into the skin interface.

Get avatar images script (**** = your gamertag)
Code:
import xbmc, xbmcgui, urllib
loc = urllib.URLopener()
loc.retrieve("http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/****/avatar-body.png","special://skin/media/avatar.png")
loc.retrieve("http://avatar.xboxlive.com/avatar/****/avatarpic-l.png","special://skin/media/gamerpic.png")

image code to load the avatar.
Code:
<control type="image">
    <posx>100</posx>
    <posy>0</posy>
    <width>279</width>
    <height>334</height>
    <texture>avatar.png</texture>
    <aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
    <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1000" delay="0" />
    </animation>
    <animation type="Windowclose" reversible="false">
    <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" />
    </animation>
</control>

looks like this.
Guess this means it's possible to have that show up on a panel (on home) similar to how NXE already does huh?

i meant to quote lol edited it instead, sorry.
XBMCG33K Wrote:Guess this means it's possible to have that show up on a panel (on home) similar to how NXE already does huh?

yup just add a visible condition.

just add this to Home.xml after the debug include and place the .py file in 720p/Scripts/ named update avatars.py

PHP Code:
<control type="image">
    <
posx>100</posx>
    <
posy>0</posy>
    <
width>279</width>
    <
height>334</height>
    <
texture>avatar.png</texture>
    <
aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
    <
animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false"><effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1000" delay="0" /></animation>
    <
animation type="Visible" reversible="false"><effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="1000" delay="0" /></animation>
    <
animation type="Windowclose" reversible="false"><effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" /></animation>
    <
animation type="Hidden" reversible="false"><effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="100" /></animation>
    <
visible>Container(20).HasFocus(1)</visible>
</
control

now add this code to Startup.xml before the first onfocus

PHP Code:
<onfocus>RunScript(special://skin/720p/Scripts/update avatars.py)</onfocus> 

this will only show the avatar when the movies panel has focus. (so just change the hasfocus ID to another panels ID)
Wanna maybe make those files for me and I'll give it a test?

I'd attempt myself but editing the skin so they'll accept it on xbmc addons repo is a daunting task...
XBMCG33K Wrote:Wanna maybe make those files for me and I'll give it a test?

I'd attempt myself but editing the skin so they'll accept it on xbmc addons repo is a daunting task...

NN College tomorrow Sad
XBMCG33K:

as we said, it's the first commit, after that, this will going on Wink
Cheers. Will have to move the avatar script out of 720p though (got that warning with recently added and so on) (script.avatar.x) or whatever?

I know ppic, the first one had quite a few bugs Smile
Couldn't get it to show anything Rocky5, hit me up on msn if your on later, we'll try and hash this out.

OK i was wrong it works. Now to plan out a panel for it huh?
Tongue
XBMCG33K, why custom home panel has different layout than other panels? I'm mean this bottom semi-transparent strap.
Intel NUC D54250WYK, 4GB RAM, Kingston 120GB SSD, OpenELEC-Generic.x86_64-devel-20131126081257-r16438
If you mean this (highlighted in white):

It's just part of the design to signify that it's a custom panel. If for some reason you don't like it simply navigate to: XBMC\addons\skin.xperience\media\windows\home\panel_menu-overlay.png and delete it Smile
Sorry Midnight Version has been removed untill i get the updated textures
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
I'll check it out paul Smile
XBMCG33K Wrote:I'll check it out paul Smile

I have used all the original textures from the night theme, but i have not included my custom icons as i wanted to keep it as close to the original as possible, however i have changed all highlite bars etc to a darker blue Not sure which skin i nicked them fromBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
post moved here
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release: Xperience 1.1 UI for XBMC Dharma (Now available via XBMC SVN)0