• 8(current)
Acer Revo R3610 ?
I created the advancedsettings.xml but no go on creating .dds files inside my media folders.

I have read about dirty regions and will probably move on to a nightly if I cant get .dds to work.

Any insight as to why .dds is not working? My xml file looks my post above..
Enable debug logging and check the log to make sure your advancedsettings.xml is being processed correctly. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_File for details.

JR
enabling ddsfanart made a HUGE difference in browsing the library on my Revo 1600.
Does the DDS fanart work with the nightlies?
Roelio Wrote:Haha good work Smile I use a external power supply yes. I myself just like to hobby so that's why I tried to make a new passive cooler. Also I was hoping that that alone would be enough to cool the CPU/GPU. to bad the air flow was to low when it was standing horizontal.

Looking forward to some pictures.

OK, finally sorted it.

I simply spliced into the power lead to provide a 12v feed to the fan using a 5W 100 Ohm drop resistor. The fan is a cheapie 120mm one, but is fairly quiet even at 12V.

I can now use my REVO in peace with a slight but constant fan hum.

Temp readings using Speedfan 3.44

Idle
GPU 39C
CPU 44C
Rem 2 31C

Full load
GPU 42C
CPU 50C
Rem 2 32C

ON hotter days
Full load
GPU 44C
CPU 56C
Rem 2 36C

Of course I now have to remember to unplug otherwise the fan keeps running after shutdown. With the original tiny fan the REVO became unusable - the fan kept whooshing up and down all the time.
@kevjames

Looking nice mate ! I still have to find a solution to get the power from inside so when you put the revo in stand-by or hibernate that the fan will shut down...

And yes the stock fan was a pain in the ass... Constant up/down of RPM was driving me nuts..
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
I'm planning to sell my R3610 maybe I can make someone happy for a small price.
Media player: Xtreamer Ultra 2 XBMC v13 RC 1 Gotham, iPhone 4s & iPad mini Retina
LCD: Sony KDL-46HX920 - Receiver: Onkyo TX-R577 - Speakers: Mission e34 5.1 & MS10 - Remote: Harmony Smart Control
Router: Asus RT-N66U - NAS: Synology DS1512+ 15 TB - PC: Intel I7 @4.5 Ghz HD7950 3GB
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 ?1