• 3(current)
Acer Revo R3610 ?
harryzimm Wrote:My next issue is figuring out why i get a blue screen after changing my resolution to 1080p at 50hz

I guess you're using HDMI? I've had that a couple times. There are 3 ways around it.

1. Turn the TV off and on again
  2. Unplug and replug the HDMI cable
  3. Press the power button to put it into sleep mode and then again to wake it up

Not elegant I know but it does work. It doesn't happen often anyway. Other idea would be to keep it in sleep mode rather than turning it off.
Q6600, ASUS P5W, 6GB DDR2 and 2.5TB RAID running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and XBMC
xbox v1.0 (softmod) XBMC Dash
so running osx + xbmc on 3610 - any issues with full sound capabilities running over hdmi?
Unfortunately hdmi audio is not supported at the moment.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
Other than the hdmi issue, how is the general performance? Any lagging?
harryzimm Wrote:Unfortunately hdmi audio is not supported at the moment.

cheers

ah.. ok thanks.

I was hoping to avoid mucking with getting my audio sorted again.. I've had a 3610 that was running fine for the last 6 months, but of course I had to go muck with it.. So I'm just looking at doing a re-install - not sure what method to do, minimal, xbmcfreak's live, full ubuntu install.. What is the suggested way now for the 3610? Before I had to upgrade alsa and get the asound.conf file correct.
to be honest I think if you want everything to work out of the box Windoze 7 is the way to go. If you can live with that is another story. Personally I like a little tweaking.
chanders Wrote:Other than the hdmi issue, how is the general performance? Any lagging?

I have been really impressed with performance, no lagging to report. It runs much smoother than windows 7. XBMC runs sweet also. os x is pretty good fun tbh.

cheers
HTPC 1 : Acer revo R3700 ion2 HTPC 2 :Apple TV2 HTPC 3 : Apple TV2 HTPC4 Acer revo R3700 ion2 Remote : x2 Riimote2
SERVER : 10TB Ubuntu Server 10.04, dual wintv nova hd s2 cards, tvheadend, Newcs, Omnikey reader, White *Sky uk* Card, Mysql Db, Sabnzbdplus, SickBeard, Couchpotato, FlexRaid. :cool:
--------------------------------------------
chanders Wrote:to be honest I think if you want everything to work out of the box Windoze 7 is the way to go. If you can live with that is another story. Personally I like a little tweaking.

I like the tinkering.. I'm always doing something like that and really enjoy it so I don't mind. I just did a few searches and saw sh*tloads of posts about different ways people are doing things, and I hate sorting through them all to find one that works right.. or re-installing because you've spiralled down some rabbit hole to find a solution that doesn't work.

I tested xbmcfreaks live version, everything seemed to work, except for menu sounds which i could live without, but I'm just wondering what most others are doing on their 3610s..
@Harryzim Makes me wanna remove xbmcfreak now! I guess because quartz extreme is fully supported?

@gribbler We should start getting some hard drive images of working implementation going! That way everyone wouldn't have to be reinventing the wheel everytime..
chanders Wrote:Makes me wanna remove xbmcfreak now! I guess because quartz extreme is fully supported?

It most certainly is.
chanders Wrote:Makes me wanna remove xbmcfreak now! I guess because quartz extreme is fully supported?

I've got osx running on my netbook (dell mini10v), laptop (dell d620), home pc (whitebox) - I tri-boot them all into osx, win7, linux - I need the versatility for work as well I just enjoy the screwing around.. osx runs great on everything and my mac friends are all pissed at what they pay for their hardware.
^^ You sound just like me Big Grin

Anyone willing to make an Acronis image of their working OSX implementation?
I'd recommend giving OS X on the revo a go if you have a couple hours spare to spend setting it up. It's virtually fully working. You get the same benefit over Windows as you do with Linux in that there's no registry so you don't find your system slowing down over time and the same benefit over Linux that Windows has in that there's a wide selection of mainstream applications available for it. Plus it's a perfect setup for the 3 main media center applications, XBMC, Plex and Boxee. Something you can't really say about any other OS. This thing makes a great HTPC when set up with OS X.
@gribbler We should start getting some hard drive images of working implementation going! That way everyone wouldn't have to be reinventing the wheel everytime..[/quote]

It'd be interesting to have a repository of working hard drive images, where people list their hardware and you just select from a list what your is like and it grabs that image.. it's like the kitchen feature over at modaco - if you have a Android phone you'd know what I mean. Smile
El Massman Wrote:I'd recommend giving OS X on the revo a go if you have a couple hours spare to spend setting it up. It's virtually fully working. You get the same benefit over Windows as you do with Linux in that there's no registry so you don't find your system slowing down over time and the same benefit over Linux that Windows has in that there's a wide selection of mainstream applications available for it. Plus it's a perfect setup for the 3 main media center applications, XBMC, Plex and Boxee. Something you can't really say about any other OS. This thing makes a great HTPC when set up with OS X.

I think I might - though my current project is really to get the FreeNAS installed on the flash drive in my Acer Easystore h340. Without audio over hdmi working though I may not go down that route - is that something that might be change soon-ish?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Acer Revo R3610 ?1