XBMC 10.05 release - when?
Tuxon86 Wrote:I'm 45... How old are you? I mean physical age because you sure are looking like you really are 16, mental age wise. I wouldn't hire you to code a simple html page with that attitude.

Add another 10 years and you would be close. And sorry, I'd turn that job down. I don't do html, hardware/software in c/c++/obj-c only please. html is glorified wordstar Smile
It's weird to me, I know xbmc has been going for many years but it only been ported to the other platforms fairly recently and has made huge grounds in a short time, becoming the no.1 media center software (for me at least, and I have played around with many). I know it can be frustrating waiting for anything to arrive but to start attacking the developers is absurd. We should be applauding them, not mocking.
They even release daily builds (mostly) for the impatient and daring!
Hi!

I didn't know where to put my question, so I guess I will just ask here: is there any way to use skins other than the ones already submitted or downloaded through the add-on manager with the new nightlies? I'd love to be able to use Alaska or some other skin again, as the ones provided with the nightlies aren't exactly my type... I noticed skins are now in the addons folder, but copying a skin there doesn't make them work. So, is there something I can do about it, or will it be enabled in an update sometime soon? Because if I'd have to wait months for it, I guess I'd just revert to an older build.
Mikesch Wrote:Hi!

I didn't know where to put my question, so I guess I will just ask here: is there any way to use skins other than the ones already submitted or downloaded through the add-on manager with the new nightlies? I'd love to be able to use Alaska or some other skin again, as the ones provided with the nightlies aren't exactly my type... I noticed skins are now in the addons folder, but copying a skin there doesn't make them work. So, is there something I can do about it, or will it be enabled in an update sometime soon? Because if I'd have to wait months for it, I guess I'd just revert to an older build.

Wrong place but as I saw this...

Put the skin folder inside the addons folder and copy addon.xml and description.xml from another skin in addon folder. Edit them with unique name etc.
Mikesch Wrote:Hi!

You should really ask in a separate post as your question has nothing to do with this post topic. What you have done is know as "thread-jacking" and serves to confuse others reading this thread topic.
This thread has gone on too long and the original question has been answered. So locking this thread now.
Avigrace Wrote:Wrong place but as I saw this...

Put the skin folder inside the addons folder and copy addon.xml and description.xml from another skin in addon folder. Edit them with unique name etc.

Awesome! Thank you so much for the really fast answer!

And @davilla: Sorry for that, but as I saw this thread go down the drain from page 1 with some jerk bitching I thought I couldn't do much harm to it. But I'll make sure to use an appropiate topic next time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.05 release - when?0