Simultaneous Playback/Control of two XBMC instances
I'm wondering if anyone has done this or if this would be easy to implement. Basically I would like to have another XBMC instance mirror whats going on with the master.

E.g. I choose a show to watch on the master, it begins playing on both XBMCs. I pause the master, the slave pauses as well.

Now I think i could probably do the control via the eventsever/client. Basically relaying my commands from the master to the slave. I'm using eventghost on the master now, I could have it duplicate the commands I'm sending but I think that may become out of sync.

Both XBMCs would be accessing the same media path(i.e. my NAS).

Ideally it would be nice to have an option in the OSD or similar that has an option like "Push this video to XBMC [instance]" or a follow function like "Continue this video on XBMC [instance]"
Thinking more about perhaps a better approach would be for the slave to poll the master for NowPlaying info. This would tell me what file is playing and what time index I am at.

Then perhaps a script is in order that does this polling and has the slave instance mirror the actions of NowPlaying. So I would have a menu option that says "Watch video on XBMC [instance]"
The second request ("continue") should work if you use the new integrated database feature. I think. There's a central database which all XBMC clients can share. Each profile would have it's own library and played/resume information so you'd login to a different client with the same profile and could simply resume from there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simultaneous Playback/Control of two XBMC instances0