Incompatible skin?
I downloaded rapier as I've always used it and love it. But I just redid my entire system and re-setup XBMC on Ubuntu and tried to install the skin and it's telling me "Incompatible Skin. We require skins of version 2.10 or higher". Does Rapier not work on the newest XBMC version? All I did was download it and unpack it so not sure what I could of done to make this happen?
having the same issue with Night!!!
Not sure what version of XBMC you're using, but if it's a stable version then this should work:

Open skin.xml in the skin folder
Edit <version> to read 2.10 or higher, mine says 2.11
with 10.5-PRE, the addons system has changed/was introduced and requires a addon.xml instead. Skins will have to be updated.

I tried creating an addon.xml for 3.06 which made it work, but introduced many glitches and errors. so for now ill stick with confluence and use rapier again after it is updated.

Which will probably happen soon:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=550...tcount=129

Greetings
Ikarusx3, please post here all the errors and glitches you encountered. Scarfa is working the bring the skin up to date, and this will help him a lot.
Galefury Wrote:Ikarusx3, please post here all the errors and glitches you encountered. Scarfa is working the bring the skin up to date, and this will help him a lot.

Well, since i just took the addon.xml from a rapier mod and modified it a little bit, i didnt really expect it to work well.

It was some small things like the movie info window having no background, but the main menu was working fine.

I would gladly betatest his new version, but i doubt that issues encountered with a wildly hacked-to-work version of the original skin would help more than confuse...
It is the stable version, I'll try the XML edit thanks!
Ok guys, I opened up the skin.xml file and it already had 2.11 as the version. So I put it as 2.50 just to try and it still gave incompatible skin. I only installed the stable release so I'm a little confused as to what's going on.
Whats your Build Number?

Can be seen in Settings - System Info
XBMC 9.11 R26018 (Compiled : DEC 2 2009)
But you did download version 3.06 from http://tvnca.deviantart.com/art/Rapier-XBMC-137313896 ?
I got it from the XBMC main page, not sure if it links to he diviant art site or not? I'll have to re-download it I suppose. The one I downloaded is 3.06 though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incompatible skin?0