Foxconn Ion 330 for $160 @ newegg
i broke down and spent $10 on a usb wifi dongle... many users say they had no issues getting it running on lucid... hopefully that solves my wifi issue... if not i may just ship this back pony up for a revo.
xformulax Wrote:thanks hannes... my biggest issue is not having access to wired network either, so i can't use apt.

i tried searching on packages.ubuntu.com, but it's very unintuitive. i'm also a linux noob so i'm not sure i could install them after downloading to a usb stick on my win box and transferring them over

there is a statement on that earlier - with this you get first the wired lan to work and afterawards the WLAN. works fine here too.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69513
abstract Wrote:there is a statement on that earlier - with this you get first the wired lan to work and afterawards the WLAN. works fine here too.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=69513

thats fine, but i have no wired ethernet to work with... completely wireless.

if this usb stick doesnt work, i'll go with windows 7 and media browser, no biggie.
Isn't you AP wired? Can you plug in temporarily there just long enough to get it up? Or, do you connect through a neighbors AP? (windows <> no biggie)
i have another wifi router laying around, i'm going to WDS between the two, giving my nettop a "wired" connection
ok, so i got the backports installed, how do i configure my (wpa2) network settings?
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo

see the part about wpa_supplicant, this should work
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Hannes The Hun Wrote:https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WPAHowTo

see the part about wpa_supplicant, this should work

yea, i went through that before i asked here, but i'm still having issues... i probably did something wrong.
Hannes/all, did anyone succeeded to turn the box on and off with the remote. I have a remote configured via LIRC and it works perfect to control XBMC. Unfortunately, I did not succeed to turn the box on. Any thoughts?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Hannes/all, did anyone succeeded to turn the box on and off with the remote. I have a remote configured via LIRC and it works perfect to control XBMC. Unfortunately, I did not succeed to turn the box on. Any thoughts?

Any thoughts? also, any news on bios updates to better control the fan?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Hannes/all, did anyone succeeded to turn the box on and off with the remote. I have a remote configured via LIRC and it works perfect to control XBMC. Unfortunately, I did not succeed to turn the box on. Any thoughts?

* bump * Any thoughts? also, any news on bios updates to better control the fan?
can't see any new BIOS version on the foxconn server. also, ATM I'm using a Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard to wake up XBMC from standby, this works. don't know if it is possible at all to really turn on a PC via USB as long as there's no BIOS option for this.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Hannes The Hun Wrote:can't see any new BIOS version on the foxconn server. also, ATM I'm using a Lenovo Mini Wireless Keyboard to wake up XBMC from standby, this works. don't know if it is possible at all to really turn on a PC via USB as long as there's no BIOS option for this.

Ok, so turning the Foxconn box on doesnt appear to work then. How is your setup working to wake it up from stand-by. What receiver do you use with your wireless keyboard? I have a HP MCE receiver for my remote (connected to the Foxconn box). When I set it to sleep, the receiver shows a red light permanenently (the light that usually blinks when I press a button). Whatever button I press, I don't succeed to wake it up. I am running XBMC on Ubuntu.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ubu...d_.2F_Wake
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
so did everyone install xbmc live or install xbmc on top of ubuntu/windows?
i tested on on ubuntu bue when I put the disk Avatar dvd in and it present the menu from the dvd but as soon as I click play the screen disappear and bring me back to xbmc home menu. I haven't try the other disc?
I do have several questions can someone shed some light for me.

1. can xbmc play straight from ISO, CDR or img images?
2. do I need to install any decode for dvd, wmv, avi, mp3, m4v, etc.. to play?
3. what is your cpu utilize % at idle? my hovering around 20%

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foxconn Ion 330 for $160 @ newegg0