submitting skins for inclusion in dharma
Here's my updated addon.xml all ready for you to add to the repo.

When I add the original Alaska to my repo (and include it's addon.xml to the addons.xml) I assume it'll just appear in the Add-ons repo along with Revisited without me having to notify you?

Thanks.
We've discussed this internally a bit and decided not to add a bunch of 3rd party repos just yet. We want to solidify the adoption of the official repo first.

That said, if you have a stable skin ready for inclusion, please submit it on the mailing list (see xbmc.org) and we'll have a look.

TheUni
Revisited can't go in the official repo which is why I got my own up and running but I'll submit Alaska when it's ready.
Just wanted to make sure I got the steps right, is it just this simple:

1. Send Email
2. Message - *[Git Pull] git://github.com/bartowski/skin.night.git

Just need a few days to touch up a few things, other than that I've been current pretty much the whole time....

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Yep, that's all you need to do.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:If a user wants to modify a skin they have installed and don't want it overwritten by an update then the they have 2 options:

1. Rename the skin to something else (including it's id).
2. Bump the version of the skin to something much higher than what it is online.

There is no merging done within XBMC - if the version is higher, we overwrite with the new version.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Just an idea, it'd be cool if you could context menu an add-on in the manager and "freeze" it so it stops recieving updates. Or maybe even, Updates: auto, ask, never. type of thing.

Not neccesary at all of course, as you say there are a couple of ways to easily achieve the same effect and if you can mod a skin either should be childs play by comparison.
you can disable auto-updates in the lhs menu in the browser.
I've been running my repo for a few days now and all is good but it never gets refreshed/updated by XBMC unlike the official repo; instead users have to 'Force Refresh' it to see any updates.
Is this the normal, intended behaviour or just an oversight?

Thanks.
you need to provide (and update) the checksum file for it to update.
Ah, that's the problem - time to learn about md5 then, thanks spiff.
When does XBMC check the md5 file because I'm not getting an update available message on my HTPC?
once every 6h or when a user clicks 'check for updates' in the context menu.
spiff Wrote:you can disable auto-updates in the lhs menu in the browser.

Oh cool I hadn't spotted that, thanks Spiff.
spiff Wrote:once every 6h or when a user clicks 'check for updates' in the context menu.

Must be working then because 'Check for updates' worked, thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
submitting skins for inclusion in dharma0